.1346, hybrids, and layouts

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
Doctordavet

.1346, hybrids, and layouts

Post by Doctordavet »

Hi, Guys,

just a note for those doing beta testing: I opened .1346 to try out the hybrid commentary links (a feature I've been waiting for! Thanks, Costas! Is "inline" coming for the hybrids, too?!). Of course it worked flawlessly. But when I closed .1346 and opened .1342, that layout was empty.

Here's what I have: "Layout 7" is an inline Bible layout with commentary links. I activated the commentary link for "BBC" and of course the popover worked. I saved the Layout. When I exited .1346 and opened .1342, "Layout 7" was completely empty - nothing. I exited, and reopened .1346 and "unselected" BBC as a commentary link, then saved the layout and exited .1346. When I reopened .1342, all was well with the layout.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Re: .1346, hybrids, and layouts

Post by csterg »

Hi Dave,
the cmt links implementation is still incomplete... the NIC/Romans for example still has issues if you try it (working on it). Anyway, ... yes, inline commentaries are next.

So, I can see why going back to the version is not supported: the BBC is not really a commentary hybrid modules are 'officialy' books) and when you save a layout and try to open it with a previous version, the layout cannot be loaded (newer code is required). This is kind of expected: newer versions add code and logic that does not exist in older versions, so older versions may fail (as is the case here where some modules that are not real commentaries are added in the 'commentaries links list').

Costas
Doctordavet

Re: .1346, hybrids, and layouts

Post by Doctordavet »

Costas,

yep - I figured as much. I just wanted beta testers to be aware of it.

I'm enjoying .1346 much! (I haven't put NICNT/Rom through a trial yet; it was all "BBC", which worked great as a popup!)
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com