window size and location not retained starting 1391+

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
sojournervic

window size and location not retained starting 1391+

Post by sojournervic »

Using XP SP3, starting with beta 1391 window size and location not stored. Upon startup, size and location of window go to what appears to be a default. I.E. window is positioned in the upper left quadrant of screen as shown in attachment.
Attachments
desktop
desktop
1.jpg (339.1 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Last edited by sojournervic on Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Re: windows size and location not retained starting 1391+

Post by JG »

Hi,
It seems to be something to do with having a skinned window border. Deselect the option from the View menu -> skin -> use skinned window border. Does that "fix" it?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
sojournervic

Post by sojournervic »

JG wrote:Hi,
It seems to be something to do with having a skinned window border. Deselect the option from the View menu -> skin -> use skinned window border. Does that "fix" it?
Yes, indeed it did. No skin, window size and position are retained and restored at startup. Use skin, no joy ... hope it will be fixed, I prefer the Eos skin!

Thnx
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

sojournervic wrote: Yes, indeed it did. No skin, window size and position are retained and restored at startup. Use skin, no joy ... hope it will be fixed, I prefer the Eos skin!

Thnx
Can't you keep the skin and just uncheck "Use skinned window border"?
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
sojournervic

Post by sojournervic »

Jeff wrote: Can't you keep the skin and just uncheck "Use skinned window border"?
Jeff, unchecked 'Use skinned window border' and window size and position is retained. Thus the problem is not necessarily caused by using skins, but in using 'skinned window borders'. Obviously I did not understand JG's earlier post. Great nudge, thanks guys!
csterg
Site Admin

Re: window size and location not retained starting 1391+

Post by csterg »

Thanks for the catch. Fixed in b1411.
Costas