Downloader issues

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
DarrelW

Re: Downloader issues

Post by DarrelW »

Been there, done that - so I don't think that is the issue.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

When I can look in File Manager and see the module installed, when I can open TW and see the module installed And work with it, then when I open the Downloader and it says the module is not installed I have to consider elsewhere rather than a system reboot (which I have done!). :cry:

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Darrel,
it is almost certain that you already have a copy of Gill in a folder that you don't know.
Do this: go to Help->About->File locations. There is a list there with all the file theWord uses. Look if there is the Gill's file there and delete it. Then download it again
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello Costas,
Well, I have searched all directories and folders for that module, and I only have one instance installed. The only other place it exists is with all my other modules in a backup directory on my 2nd internal 500 Gb drive. The only copy I find is the one I install from the Downloader, and after installing it and restarting TW the Downloader says it is not installed. So I am at a loss. Oh well - I can live with the installed version. Thanks guys for your time and effort.

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have another question on the Downloader. How do I affect fonts in the Downloader? If you'll notice in the snapshot the Chinese files are showing boxes, so I assume that indicates a font I do not have installed. But where do I set this font? Thanks for your assistance!

Darrel
Attachments
Download Titles.png
Download Titles.png (228.05 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is a hard thing to answer unfortunately. What is your OS?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Costas, I have had this issue intermittently on Windows 8.1. Currently it displays correctly.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is very strange. You have seen squares in win8?
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

My OS is Linux Mint 17. It's not a big issue for me (for Chinese modules) since I don't install these.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Yes, this is clearly a font issue. I can't do much to be honest
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Where does the Downloader pick up its fonts from? If I know where to look and/or put the fonts then maybe I can address the issue. Thanks Costas.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

There are no special fonts, this is the font used throughout the program's menus and messages
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I am able to load and view Chinese Bibles, Bible tree displays Chinese nicely. It's only the Downloader that will not display Chinese fonts. Maybe I am mistaken but it seems like the Downloader and other modules/trees should pull their fonts from the config.ini file. Granted it might take a bit of work to code, but the resulting displays would be nice. What do you think Costas?

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You re correct. I thought you didn't see chinese in any place, this changes things.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Just a thought - it would be really cool if when downloading modules you allowed the user to specify where those modules would be installed. This could also apply to the Downloader checked for modules to be updated. These options could be facilitated in a section of the config.ini file.

Darrel