Beta 1502

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
DarrelW

Beta 1502

Post by DarrelW »

Costas just release beta 1502, which allows exporting book topics. It appears to work very well. And with the uniscribe switch I can now run the latest TW in Linux and it plays very well. I talked with Costas to see if we Linux users would lose out on upcoming features, and he said no. So that was really good news!

Darrel
Jeff

Re: Beta 1502

Post by Jeff »

:D

I greatly appreciate the effort that goes into supporting even what I assume is a relatively few number of users.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Yea, it's not a huge number of Linux users yet, but I have hopes that number will eventually grow! What I love about Linux: it's fast, virus free, stable, and runs almost anything I throw at it. I run wine 5.18 and it runs just about everything I have. If I hit a program that doesn't work then I have VirtualBox! I left windows 8 years ago and have never looked back. And Costas is very supportive of his Linux community!

Darrel
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

What version/distro of Linux do you have Darrel and what is required beside the OS and Wine? I'm interested and would like to give it a try with theWord on it.
Leoram
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Good morning,
I run both Linux Mint 20 and LMDE 4. My primary is LM20. I pick up and run the latest wine from winehq.com. You can install the one in the repository, but I just like using the latest! :D

And that's all you need. It's rock-solid and I have no issues. I install the latest TW beta, which also is very solid. Let me know how it goes.

Darrel
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Thank you Darrel. I'll try.

Just one more: I thought Mint was recommended for low profile PC. Have you not found issues with drivers, etc.. Based on your experience how does it compare to its parent Ubuntu or possibly Kubuntu or similar in terms of stability and security? Once again, with theWord in mind.
Leoram
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I run a pretty high end computer with 3 monitors, and have NEVER had issues with LM. It picks on all my drivers without me doing anything.

I don't use Ubuntu because it sends stuff back to home. LM specifically does not do that and that is the main reason I use it. I like to distro hop so have used most of the flavors out there. I like LM and will probably continue using it. Does that help?

Darrel
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Yes, very much indeed. Thank you Darrel.
Leoram