NET Bible Import

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
therapon

NET Bible Import

Post by therapon »

Hi,

Love what you're doing with The Word. Do have a question on the import of NET Bible. The tags identifying superscripted text in the E-Sword NET Bible module are different from other modules. The importer recognizes the open tag but not the close tag so all the text after the first superscript in the verse is superscripted. Anyway to get the importer to recognize the different tags?

Thanks.

Therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Can you pls mail me the text or give me an example of a couple of verses?
Use [email protected]

Unfortunately, the eSword format does not carry semantic info, it is just a text-formatting 'format'. To extract data from it a lot of guesswork needs to take place and this cannot always be successful since anyone can use different tags to format the text as s/he likes,

Costas
psteuber

Net Bible with the New Importer Tool

Post by psteuber »

I downloaded the new version of the Importer Tool ver 0.99.2.26 and was able to convert the e-sword Net Bible module successfully! However, I am still unable to convert the commentary module for it.
psteuber

NET Bible Import Commentary

Post by psteuber »

I got the commentary to import as well. I have TW installed on by usb drive and couldn't get the commentary to import. I tried importing with TW installed on my computer hard drive and it imported fine. Could have been an issue with the size of the file and the fact that I was using usb 1. Anyway, with the new importer, I was able so successfully import both the Bible translation and the commentary for the NET Bible! Awesome! Thanks Costas! :D

Pat
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I will take a look at the issue anyway. Thanks for reporting,
Costas
therapon

NET Bible Import

Post by therapon »

Costas,

I got the formatting issue more or less fixed using the E-Sword Module Editor to tweak the tags. By using Search & Replace, I converted all the NET Bible tags to be the same as other modules that work correctly. The only thing left was that superscripted text within a block of other text that has <bold> and <italic> tags inherits those tags as well rather than just being plain. Oh well, I can live with that.

Therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Re: NET Bible Import

Post by csterg »

therapon wrote:Costas,

I got the formatting issue more or less fixed using the E-Sword Module Editor to tweak the tags. By using Search & Replace, I converted all the NET Bible tags to be the same as other modules that work correctly. The only thing left was that superscripted text within a block of other text that has <bold> and <italic> tags inherits those tags as well rather than just being plain. Oh well, I can live with that.

Therapon
Well, as i said before the importer is designed to issue with most eSword modules, but does not allow too much 'freedom' within. I think it does a decent job in most cases. In other cases, maybe some manual editing may help. If you need a clue, give me some data snippet or mail me and maybe i can give an idea,
Costas