Remember verse when switching between views

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
arrows-of-truth

Remember verse when switching between views

Post by arrows-of-truth »

Hi everyone. I am pretty new to theWord bible software. Hoping someone can please help me with a problem i am having.

I have 2 views - Bible view and Book view. When I am in the Bible view (reading Job for example) and then switch over to the Book view to look up something, I then switch back to the Bible view, but instead of taking my back to Job where I was reading previously, it will take me to Genesis 1. Is there a way to configure the software so that when i switch back to the Bible view, it will remember the bible chapter and verse that I was reading previously?

Thank you for your help.
JG

Re: Remember verse when switching between views

Post by JG »

From what you describe, it sounds like you are closing the view not switching to the other view.
The normal way is to have a Bible and Bookview open at the same time.
Of course if you can video what you are doing and provide a link, it would help us see what you are trying to describe.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
arrows-of-truth

Thanks for your reply. For some reason, now each time i open theWord, it always opens to 1 Cor 8:5. Doesn't matter where in the bible i navigate to, each time i open the application, it always defaults back to that verse (previously it was Gen 1:1). I have recorded a video and uploaded to my Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12VIQpE ... sp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It appears you're switching between saved Layouts. When you switch layouts it will go back to whenever you last saved it.

I think it may be better to use one layout with at least a Bible and Book View that you can switch between. You can always maximize and minimize the Bible or Book view within the layout as desired.

It may also help to look at some tutorials or the help documents. Maybe this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP7d479 ... gH&index=3
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
arrows-of-truth

Ahh ok, that makes sense. I wasn't aware that saving the layout will save the bible reference as well. Thanks for the link. I will play around with creating a bible and book layout like in that video. I love this software. There is a bit of a learning curve but well worth it i'm sure. Thanks again.