TheWord Settings reset after downloading from 'Add Titles'

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
HisGrace

TheWord Settings reset after downloading from 'Add Titles'

Post by HisGrace »

Hi, I've had lots of settings that were already set up on theWord software - including module sets, bible views etc.

However, the entire software settings got reset by itself after updating WHM4.22 and VGNTS from 'add titles'.
All modules remain,

but All the settings were gone.

Please help!
JK
JG

Re: TheWord Settings reset after downloading from 'Add Title

Post by JG »

Hopefully you have a backup of your files including the config.ini file where these settings are stored.

It is an odd bug. I think it was fixed in one of the later beta builds.
What version are you using?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
HisGrace

Post by HisGrace »

i'm using 6.0.0.1517

I've no idea about the backup, and sort of resorted to reset all my settings again.

Can you direct me onto how to prevent this?
JG

Post by JG »

update to 1522

1519: finalized function related to checking for new titles:
- 'New Titles...' button appears for all modules that have been added in the past 30 days
- when the user clicks the 'New Titles...' button, it will not appear again for one week
- added relevant messages in .lng file
- the 'Download Modules' dialog now displays modules with an update when the user selects the to see new (last 30 days) titles
- fixed issue during installation of new module and restart that would cause theWord to restart before the old instance had a chance to finish properly. This could have caused corruption of the config.ini file.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
HisGrace

Post by HisGrace »

Thank you :) How do I back up in case it happens again?
JG

Post by JG »

You need to do some research on it yourself to suit your needs. At its simplest you could zip the config.ini file and save it to OneDrive once per week and date the filename. Then you would have some config.ini files safe.
I am sure a search of the internet in Google would give you some insights into backups and what is the best strategy.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software