RE: VIEWING THE SAME VERSE NOTES ON TWO DIFFERENT PCS...

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
chazrab

RE: VIEWING THE SAME VERSE NOTES ON TWO DIFFERENT PCS...

Post by chazrab »

Hello all -
I've discovered not many people are able to resolve this correctly.
The heart of any Bible software app is the ability to make notes on a verse in a notes window.
If a person has two laptops A and B(as do I), with theWord installed on both, and the Bibles and Books files
stored in a folder(THEWORD) on Google Drive or Onedrive, I should be able to see the exact same note(s) on
either laptop - right ?

Doesn't work for me, unless i'm doing something wrong or misunderstood the process. Logos 9(which I detest for personal reasons) does that very well, because changes made to verse notes when the app is closed are written back to the server in CA.

When I or anyone as a user opens Logos on laptop A or laptop B, I or they can see the exact same notes attached to the same verses. Changes can be made or added, etc., to the note on that machine, say B, then close the app, reopen it on laptop A and see those changes. Why is this so difficult to do with theWord ?

Surely I can't be the only one who's experienced this issue. I like theWord very much for several reasons and do not
want to resort to going back to Logos because it works on their app.

I took a long time and many words to explain this - my apologies - but I wanted to make sure my issue is completely understood

Can anybody help me ?
Thanks cr
[email protected]
Attachments
Files stored on Google Drive as directed by youtube install. vid
Files stored on Google Drive as directed by youtube install. vid
THECLOUD.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 801 times
TREE.png
TREE.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 801 times
JG

Re: RE: VIEWING THE SAME VERSE NOTES ON TWO DIFFERENT PCS..

Post by JG »

I have it working using OneDrive. However there is a need to save a modified topic on the one instance, and on the second computer the need to refresh the topic if you happened to be on both computers at the same time.(which would be quite strange?)

Just wondering how you are pointing theWord to the folders on your GDrive?

There is a setting that you should have in your config.ini file specifying extra.paths= (see the help file, under, working directly with the config.ini) However I am not sure how to get markup for Bibles working, as the markup is not in the .ont file itself, but in a separate file.
My config.ini setting I added was just below [general]. Strange that the folder is SkyDrive, but that was due to MS having to rebrand. The real path for me is as below. To get that path I hold down the shift key and right click the folder in OneDrive, the menu opens with an option to "copy as path". Then I pasted to the config.ini removing the quotation marks
[general]
extra.paths=C:\Users\Jon\SkyDrive\test
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet