Font options for "studyview" and "lookup word

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Stephan

Font options for "studyview" and "lookup word

Post by Stephan »

Hi Costas,

as i wrote in "error in greek font (small box) caused by spiritus asp" > http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=110
i use "Arial Unicode" in the bibleview to solve this problem.
But in "studyview" and "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" there are still these little boxes instead of the greek glyphs. I tried to set it in the studyview menu bar - but it always goes back to "tahoma" as the default font.

:arrow: how can i set Arial Unicode as default font for "studyview" and "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" ?

:arrow: How can i set the font-size for the "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" ?

thanxx

Forumiker
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Font options for "studyview" and "lookup

Post by csterg »

Forumiker wrote:Hi Costas,

as i wrote in "error in greek font (small box) caused by spiritus asp" > http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=110
i use "Arial Unicode" in the bibleview to solve this problem.
But in "studyview" and "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" there are still these little boxes instead of the greek glyphs. I tried to set it in the studyview menu bar - but it always goes back to "tahoma" as the default font.

:arrow: how can i set Arial Unicode as default font for "studyview" and "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" ?
Go to File->Preferences->Fonts and from there set the "Default Greek font", "Default Hebrew font", "Default study view font"
:arrow: How can i set the font-size for the "lookup words in dictionaries as mouse moves over bibleviewer" ?
1. Go over a word and wait for the popup window to display
2. Then, hold down the SHIFT key and move your mouse over the popup window: it will change color (indicating that it is active)
3. Now, holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease font size OR right clik with your mouse and from the popup menu use the options.

Hope the above are clear,
Costas
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Hi Costas,
Go to File->Preferences->Fonts and from there set the "Default Greek font", "Default Hebrew font", "Default study view font"
Ok, now I got rid of these boxes. :)
(I set "arial unicode" as default font for greek and hebrew and everything else I set as it was before (default setting))
1. Go over a word and wait for the popup window to display
2. Then, hold down the SHIFT key and move your mouse over the popup window: it will change color (indicating that it is active)
3. Now, holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease font size OR right clik with your mouse and from the popup menu use the options.
It works!! Smart function!

Thanx a lot!!!!

Forumiker