searching Hebrew

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
jwols

searching Hebrew

Post by jwols »

In Isaiah 43:11 the text says I I the Lord. What is the searchphrase for the instances with אָנֹכִ֥י אָנֹכִ֖י . I noticed that the hebrew words differ and tried to search this with אָנֹכִ֥י and אָנֹכִ֖י.
Attachments
IIam.jpg
IIam.jpg (129.94 KiB) Viewed 903 times
JG

Re: searching Hebrew

Post by JG »

I don't think that type of search is possible in that particular module. It is possible in the Berean Study Bible Hebrew Interlinear.
It is because the non Hebrew words are also being searched. Whereas in the Berean Study Bible Hebrew Interlinear, the non Hebrew words have been set as non-Bible words and so not searchable.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jwols

Post by jwols »

Thanks for your answer. Nice Bible module, installed it. Unfortunately did not solve the problem. Instead of 274 searchresults in the HiSB the BSBHebtINT gave 115 results. But not the correct hits.
JG

Post by JG »

I suppose it depends on settings. In the BSBHebINT I got 276 verse matches.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

To help a bit more I've been working in search most of the day and so here is some information regarding it without getting into details.
All tags are stripped when searching Original text like in the request. However there is something different with HiSB and that is that it has some right to left spaces that may be causing problems.

Also if things are converted out of tags well that causes problems also.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Let me see if I can clarify something to better understand
Is the search:
אָנֹכִ֖י AND ​ ​אָנֹכִ֥י
or
is it
"אָנֹכִ֖י ​ ​אָנֹכִ֥י"

These appear visually similar but the first looks for one word and then another.
The second looks for the whole phrase.
The first works fine. The second does not and there are underlying reasons such as tags, right to left, etc.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Here are other similar occurrences in Isaiah:
Isa 43:11
Isa 43:25
Isaiah 51:12