Font size

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Coz

Font size

Post by Coz »

How can I change the Bible text font that I am copying into a word processor (WordPerfect)? It is always 10 point. I know how to increase the font size in the various THEWORD views, but I cannot change the default 10 point Bible text font when I paste the desired passage into WordPerfect.

TIA

Coz
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Unfortunately you cannot do that. I thought there is no need to set an option for that.
Solutions:
1. Do nothing, Wordperfect can change the font size
2. Add an option in the config.ini file for 'advanced' users (they can set it with an editor)
3. Take the font size of the current Bible view
4. Add an option in the 'copy verses' dialog.

Thoughts?
Everyone, please suggest.
Costas
coords

Post by coords »

Perhaps an option to export to RTF format, thus keeping all formatting of TW?

An idea??
Born once, die twice; born twice, die once! - Martin Luther
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

coords wrote:Perhaps an option to export to RTF format, thus keeping all formatting of TW?

An idea??
I am not sure this is necessary. You can just paste the copied verses (or the content of any view) to wordpad or MSWord and save this file. This is simpler,
Costas
Coz

Post by Coz »

Thank you, Costas.

As you suggest, word processors (WordPerfect) will allow for the user to change the font size. However, it also changes the verse reference font size. Even so, the "Add an option in the config.ini file for 'advanced' users (they can set it with an editor)" option sounds good to me. This option would save a number of key strokes.

Your program is great. It has numerous features that fit what I seek in an electronic Bible. Everybody that I have shown the program has decided to switch to THEWORD as soon as the RC is made public.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Coz
aaron

Post by aaron »

Your program is great. It has numerous features that fit what I seek in an electronic Bible.
I whole heartedly agree with that Coz

and option 4. "Add an option in the 'copy verses' dialog." seems like the best answer (for the user).
Aaron
Coz

Post by Coz »

[option 4. "Add an option in the 'copy verses' dialog." seems like the best answer (for the user).
Aaron[/quote]

Your choice would probably be the easiest option for most users. I vote for whichever option places the RC in my hands the quickest.

Coz
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Since the implementation is simple enough, i went with 4. Added an option to select the font size in the 'Copy Verses' dialog, just below the preview panel. Will have in next beta/rc

Costas
Coz

Post by Coz »

csterg wrote:Since the implementation is simple enough, i went with 4. Added an option to select the font size in the 'Copy Verses' dialog, just below the preview panel. Will have in next beta/rc

Costas
Thank you. you are appreciated.

Coz
Coz

Post by Coz »

csterg wrote:Since the implementation is simple enough, i went with 4. Added an option to select the font size in the 'Copy Verses' dialog, just below the preview panel. Will have in next beta/rc

Costas

Costas,

Let me first express my gratitude for the TW3-preview. I am in the process of getting aquainted with its features.

The reason for writing is our conversation concerning changing the font size of a verse using the clipboard monitor feature in a word processor (WordPerfect). I observed that the option of changing the font size in the "Copy verses" dialog box works if you are copying from the "Copy verses" dialog box. However, if a user copies from the clipboard monitor into a word processor, the font size setting changes the reference but not the verse quoted. In other words, when copying Heb 5:8-9, the number 8 and the number 9 change in font size but the verses quoted remain at 10 point. Is there a simple way to reverse this; that is, change the size of verses quoted but leave the smaller verse numbers?

Also, is there any way to change the font color in the "auto-detect verse references"? At present, the references are automatically changed to blue. Is there any way to change the color to green or red or ....? (I know how to change the color in Bible view, etc.). Be assured that this is no problem. I was just wondering if the option was available.

Thanks in advance,

Coz
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Let me first express my gratitude for the TW3-preview. I am in the process of getting aquainted with its features.
Thank you
The reason for writing is our conversation concerning changing the font size of a verse using the clipboard monitor feature in a word processor (WordPerfect). I observed that the option of changing the font size in the "Copy verses" dialog box works if you are copying from the "Copy verses" dialog box. However, if a user copies from the clipboard monitor into a word processor, the font size setting changes the reference but not the verse quoted. In other words, when copying Heb 5:8-9, the number 8 and the number 9 change in font size but the verses quoted remain at 10 point. Is there a simple way to reverse this; that is, change the size of verses quoted but leave the smaller verse numbers?
This was a bug. I fixed it, thanks for reporting. Now the font size selected in the 'Copy Verses' dialog is used properly from the CM window.
Also, is there any way to change the font color in the "auto-detect verse references"? At present, the references are automatically changed to blue. Is there any way to change the color to green or red or ....? (I know how to change the color in Bible view, etc.). Be assured that this is no problem. I was just wondering if the option was available.
Not yet, but i did a quick hack; if you press CTRL then the links will be made using the current color of the Book view text (the one you can set from the formatting toolbar). So, you can select any color you want. This color is then saved and used until you select another color.
Will have in next build. Please, remind me once the new build is out to write a topic in the 'Tips and Tricks' for this.

Costas
Coz

Post by Coz »

csterg wrote:
Thank you
This was a bug. I fixed it, thanks for reporting. Now the font size selected in the 'Copy Verses' dialog is used properly from the CM window.
Not yet, but i did a quick hack; if you press CTRL then the links will be made using the current color of the Book view text (the one you can set from the formatting toolbar). So, you can select any color you want. This color is then saved and used until you select another color.
Will have in next build. Please, remind me once the new build is out to write a topic in the 'Tips and Tricks' for this.

Costas

Costas,

Apparently, the bug fix will be in the next release, is there any way to download the new version, since it is a main feature for me?

I was unsucessfull concerning the CTRL. On the formatting toolbar, I chose the desired color. However, pressing CTRL at any time did not auto-detect the references to the chosen color; the references were still blue. Here is one process I followed:
1. Pasted chosen text into a new topic in book view
2. Pressed color (green) on formatting bar.
3. Right clicked mouse for menu.
4. While pressing CTRL, I clicked on auto-detect....
5. Results: All references were changed to blue.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Coz
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dear Coz,
the trick i said with the color of the hyperlinks is in the new build.
I will send you a private link with the build later today
Costas