Hybrid Module

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
ALbeSh

Hybrid Module

Post by ALbeSh »

There was a discussion a while back about hybrid modules. I am currently working on a book that is in the form of a commentary, but with some lengthy introductory material. Is a hybrid module the way to do this? Is there documentation?
Doctordavet

Re: Hybrid Module

Post by Doctordavet »

I don't think Costas has released the specs on hybrid creation. I'm looking forward to learning how to do it, too.

About the commentary:

There are "book" level comments; "chapter" level comments; and "verse" level comments. You can also use the "about" section in the module properties area.

If all of the material is introductory about a book of the Bible - put it in that book's "book level" comments. If the material is introductory in general and not specifically about that book, you could put it either at the "book level" or the "about" area.

If those don't seem to work - you can wait for the hybrid information (like I am).
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

Hi Guys,
As far as I know Hybrid modules actually work although it is not fully documented. I have played around with it and attach a small example.

Here is the information I used to do the module:

A hybrid is a book module with an extra table:
CREATE TABLE rel_refs(id integer primary key AUTOINCREMENT, topic_id integer, topic_pos text, rel_order int, fbi integer, fci integer, fvi integer, tci integer, tvi integer, link_type integer default 0); And a property verse.sync=1 in the config table.

The rel_refs table columns are obvious. The link_type should be 1 and the topic_pos is a bookmark in the topic with topic_id.The bookmark in the topic should have the following format:RELREF_45_1_1_45_1_17 And the entry in the topic_pos column should be: bkm:RELREF_45_1_1_45_1_17 I think it’s obvious what the RELREF_xxx syntax is (bcv1-bcv2).

Regards,
Willem
Attachments
Test_Hybrid_Module.gbk.zip
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Actually hybrid modules work. The specs are not fully out there, but they do work. Latest version have better support for them (e.g. commentary links now work with them and even inline commentaries).
Costas
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

Thank you Dave.

The material I am working with is about half book (14 short chapters of intro), and about half commentary displaying the information. It may be too much for for the 'About'.

The commentary is on the verse level, and so far a fictitious book level of Genesis has been created which holds some test text, buy it is not pretty. Like the 'About', subtopics will be a problem.

Something should work out.
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

Thank you Willem -

I will definitely be studying that sample module you posted. Let's see if I can manage to put it all together.
Rich

Post by Rich »

A hybrid is a book module with an extra table:
CREATE TABLE rel_refs(id integer primary key AUTOINCREMENT, topic_id integer, topic_pos text, rel_order int, fbi integer, fci integer, fvi integer, tci integer, tvi integer, link_type integer default 0); And a property verse.sync=1 in the config table.

The rel_refs table columns are obvious. The link_type should be 1 and the topic_pos is a bookmark in the topic with topic_id.The bookmark in the topic should have the following format:RELREF_45_1_1_45_1_17 And the entry in the topic_pos column should be: bkm:RELREF_45_1_1_45_1_17 I think it’s obvious what the RELREF_xxx syntax is (bcv1-bcv2).
I tried this in the latest beta and I really like the way it works. Will this work in the latest release, 4.0.0.1342, or will this be in a later version?

Rich
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It does work in the latest release.
Rich

Post by Rich »

It does work in the latest release.
Very good Costas. Thanks,

Rich
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Costas:

Will the user be able to produce hybrid modules from inside tW without hassles or coding?

It would be a significant addition if the user could work in his own hybrid resources the same way it is made with traditional books and commentaries.
Leoram
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I don't see this as an option at this point.
What i am thinking is to add an option to read the 'appropriate' Bookmarks and create the info that is required (so the user can just add these appropriate bookmarks). But this is not exactly 'user friendly' either.
Costas
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

Thank you all for the help. That sample .TWM was quite helpful.

I've finished up the module that I had in mind. It is called "Searching for J" and includes a concise intro to the Documentary Hypothesis complete with an investigation into the identity person who may have been 'J'. There is also a commentary style identification of sources.

http://www.wordmodules.com/the-word-mod ... ing-for-j/

A related bible with DH markup:

http://www.wordmodules.com/the-word-mod ... is-markup/
Attachments
s4ja.jpg
s4ja.jpg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 3353 times