Having exactly the same on two PCs

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Mariana

Having exactly the same on two PCs

Post by Mariana »

I want to have exactly the same on two computers. I succeeded to copy and sync the ProgramData folder for The Word using Dropbox. That helped me have all the modules on both PCs. I also set up the view to be the same.

However, even though I copy all the content of the ProgramData folder across, the following was not replicated (that I noticed thus far - I suspect cross references I add may also not copy over?)
1. My verse notes
2. My reading plans

How do I also replicate these across two PCs?

Thanks
Mariana
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Having exactly the same on two PCs

Post by csterg »

Mariana wrote:I want to have exactly the same on two computers. I succeeded to copy and sync the ProgramData folder for The Word using Dropbox. That helped me have all the modules on both PCs. I also set up the view to be the same.

However, even though I copy all the content of the ProgramData folder across, the following was not replicated (that I noticed thus far - I suspect cross references I add may also not copy over?)
1. My verse notes
2. My reading plans

How do I also replicate these across two PCs?

Thanks
Mariana
These are stored in your 'Personal files folder'. Go to menu Help->About->File locations to find out where that folder resides on your PC.
Costas
Mariana

Post by Mariana »

Thank you I found it. For the sake of other users of Windows 10, mine was at
c://users/myname/appdata/roaming/The Word

kind regards
Mariana
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks for the update!
forrestcupp

Post by forrestcupp »

I installed a modular installation of theWord into a Google Drive folder that is synced with Google's Backup and Sync app. Since it's the modular installation, all theWord files are in that folder that gets synced with my Google Drive. That way no matter what changes I make, they will show up on any computer that is being synced with my Google Drive account. It works great for me.