More than one hyperlink to a word?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
jonathangkoehn

More than one hyperlink to a word?

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Is it possible to have more than one hyperlink to a word in a book module?
I specifically am wondering because if possible this could create the possibility for some very unique Bible modules such as at https://opengnt.com/index.html?OGNTdfNET2&40.1.1

For example:
tw://[strong]?G1160&[morph]?CONJ

If not I suppose one could do it another way.
A word links to a companion dictionary that explains the morphology of a word and then links to Strongs or Lemma of that word in a popup.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
RevSteve

Re: More than one hyperlink to a word?

Post by RevSteve »

Yes, you can but I am unsure about your particular equation whether it would work.

I have created several so far.

Better yet, provide the hyperlinks, along with a non-hyperlink greek definition and full parsing description.

BTW, the author is working on Hebrew resources as well.
I hope he will make them available for TheWord.

Edit:
My reply pertains to dictionary modules...also your equation may well work...as I only know of how mine are written.
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

For Instance, this is from the APB official module with a dictionary I made.
It has strongs and also has almost all words of LXX as topic subjects along with strongs numbers and parsing.
So I made this module the strong lookup as well as a dictionary for APB.
CropImage.jpg
CropImage.jpg (96.75 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
Of course if no strongs is inline with text, there is no definition but the parsing is throughout text..though the text in dictionary has no diacritics or accents...so there are some words that have crossover to other parsings.
Looks like a bit of wizardry eh?
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Could I get a look at the dictionary? OR could you post a hyperlink internal workings here? So I can get an idea.
Btw the dictionary looks interesting is it an Analytical one?

Yes, the Hebrew resources look nice as well. I think "Bible Bento" or something?
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Ah I think I see so you have a greek word "κυριου" for instance and that then has a strongs and morphology in a dictionary module?

So specifically it uses a Bible module like ABP. So essentially it is an Analytical Dictionary/Lexicon?

Sounds cool.

I'm wondering about doing something not based on topics thought that is cool but on an individual word in a Book Module, commentary or dictionary.
For example:

The book is hard to read.
book - would have a hyperlink connecting to a dictionary and to morphology (potentially two different dictionaries)
A work around would be a dictionary with every possible variance and definition.

I wonder if this is possible.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I found something for those interested. This should work on Bibles but does not seem to work on Book module hyperlinks
This is from the Bible technical documentation for theWORD

How to create links: examples
5. You can have more than one link in the same URL (ver. 3.0.0.694+) by separating them with the | character. For example: <a href=’tw://[strong]?t=G1|tw://[morph]?t=n-nsf’>LINKTEXT</a>
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

That may well work on books, I haven't tried it.
I use strongs/morph listed separately since I only know how to use simple regex arguments.

Someone requested popups in popups...that would be awesome for developing interesting modules...without the needed expertise of advanced text manipulation.

BTW, good job so far on Opengnt MYS. project.

I look forward to seeing his other modules for TheWord so users can experience them.