Adding a new Bible Version

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
deeBibletheWord7

Adding a new Bible Version

Post by deeBibletheWord7 »

Dear theWord forum:

I would like to know, Does anyone know how to add your own "Bible version" to theWord application?

Not a Bible module already on the website, but a newly created one NOT currently available on the website.

The 'file' is the Revised Standard Version of the Old and New testaments in text format.

I downloaded the import tool however this is very cryptic and mysterious as there is no clear
cut way to actually import a whole bible from another format so that it behaves like all the
other bibles from within theWord.

I would like to explore this with other versions not currently available as well.

I am sure other users would need this information and can benefit from it.

Thank you in advance for your time,.

Sincerely,
Dwight Arroyo
JG

Re: Adding a new Bible Version

Post by JG »

The Revised Standard Version, is available for theWord. It is a premium resource that requires payment, and is copyright.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
deeBibletheWord7

Post by deeBibletheWord7 »

Hello Jon:

Thanks so much for your reply. It has been awhile since I have been on the forum.

I have been cutting and pasting and reformatting like crazy the RSV to try to run a script
file that then re-formats the native file where all you have to do then is change the extension
to .ont. Too much work.

To know that this exists is a true blessing.

Will purchase this right now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sincerely,
Dwight

P.S. Do you know if "The Living Bible" by Tyndale is available?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
JG

Post by JG »

P.S. Do you know if "The Living Bible" by Tyndale is available?
Sorry it is not available. Not sure if it will be made as it is copyright and would have to be a paid for resource.
Also it is not the most friendly format, because it does not have the verse divisions like other Bibles and so makes using it quite difficult
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet