Book view numbers

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
wildtech

Book view numbers

Post by wildtech »

This is a question of curiosity more than anything else. During the process of learning how to create and use book views I have finished up with 5 book views in my preferred layout. These are numbered 1, 2, 3, 5 and 8. Do numbers 4, 6 and 7 still exist somewhere?
JG

Re: Book view numbers

Post by JG »

To check, you can go to the main menu -> window ->close
You will see the list of windows open.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

wildtech wrote:This is a question of curiosity more than anything else. During the process of learning how to create and use book views I have finished up with 5 book views in my preferred layout. These are numbered 1, 2, 3, 5 and 8. Do numbers 4, 6 and 7 still exist somewhere?
If you mean "module sets" then they're most likely still there. They should show up if you click on the "module sets" button on the top left of a book view.

More info here: https://www.theword.net/manual/module_sets.htm
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
wildtech

Post by wildtech »

Thanks for the replies.
If I look to close a window it only gives the option of closing those book numbers that are visible. This is perhaps part of my question as I can choose to close `Book view 1` which is currently displaying the module set `my commentaries`. Now if I close this book view I can reopen the module set in another view no problem but can I reopen `book view 1`?

I have a number of module sets and all these are available and can be viewed in any of he book views.

I created the `missing` book views while I was learning and basically confused them with module sets. Cant remember now whether I simply closed them or in some way deleted them. I am more than happy with what I have now so as I say it is a question of curiosity.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If I'm understanding, I guess the book views you deleted are gone, unless you saved them under another layout or something. I guess you could try clicking on the layout icon on the toolbar and reload your layout and see if they come back, but then if you like the layout the way you have it now, you would want to be careful to save it under another layout name before trying that.

In any case, for any book views that were deleted, you can always add a new book view, select the module set, and position it back where you want. Of course it may be a different number than the original one you deleted.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.