Problems with tips when Word is displayed on other screen

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
petrosd

Problems with tips when Word is displayed on other screen

Post by petrosd »

I have two monitors - both are 1920x1080, and the main screen (1920 x 1080). My layout is the main screen at the keyboard level, and the two monitors are either side and above the main screen.

When I open theWord on the main screen and hover over the Strongs number or cross-ref, the small pop-up window opens the right or left of the reference as expected. When I open theWord on one of the monitors, the pop-up displays with its top edge at the bottom of the monitor screen. If I move the layout so that the main screen is on the same level as the monitors, the pop-up displays correctly. As soon as I move the main screen below the monitors in the layout, the pop-up goes back to display so that the top edge is at the bottom of the monitor screen.

Does anyone know how I can get the popup to display correctly with my monitors and main screen layout being exactly where they are physically?
JG

Re: Problems with tips when Word is displayed on other scree

Post by JG »

Try adding this in the config.ini file, below the [general] heading.
restrict.popup.inapp=1
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
petrosd

Post by petrosd »

It didn't help. I'm going to post screen images to show exactly what's happening. It's reproducible every time (if that helps).
The unexpected thing was that because it displayed at the top right of the main screen when I select a tip on the top right of the lefthand monitor, I expected a bottom right selection would display bottom right. It didn't. It displayed in exactly the same place (top right of the main screen). The same for top or bottom left selection (on the top left of the main screen).
Attachments
Image 1: Here is my display layout: the monitors are in line and above the main screen.
Image 1: Here is my display layout: the monitors are in line and above the main screen.
screen1.jpg (25.78 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
The Word is open on the lefthand monitor. I select a Strong's number at the top left. Part of the popup appears on the main screen, top left. The same happens if I select a Strong's number at the bottom left of the screen.
The Word is open on the lefthand monitor. I select a Strong's number at the top left. Part of the popup appears on the main screen, top left. The same happens if I select a Strong's number at the bottom left of the screen.
screen2.jpg (450.82 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Same, but the Strong' number chosen is at the top right. It appears top right of the main screen. The same happens if I select a Strong's number at the bottom right of the screen.
Same, but the Strong' number chosen is at the top right. It appears top right of the main screen. The same happens if I select a Strong's number at the bottom right of the screen.
screen3.jpg (467.64 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
petrosd

Post by petrosd »

Can anyone help with this? Thanks
JG

Post by JG »

I don't have 3 monitors to test this....

You could try to switch the sequence of the top two monitors, or make them all in one line.

Also try some settings in the compatibility tab of theword.exe properties to do with "Change high DPI settings"

I had a quick look on the internet and it appears this sort of issue is happening with other programs. (I know that does not help, but just saying)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet