My take on wish list (part III)

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Leoram

My take on wish list (part III)

Post by Leoram »

Greetings bro. Costas and all beloved in Christ in this forum.

I hope you've spent a marvelous time in a marvelous season. This is a good occasion to come back after some time of little inactivity in the forum :).

Here are some humble ideas I hope to be included in the next release if granted.

1. Change the zoom step % of font size in the Bible and Study viewers to allow a larger text size increase-decrease (could be option-defined).

2. When the user types in a word in the Study view drop down box to look for its definition in a dictionary, if that word does not exist in that particular dictionary, TW3 fails to detect the said word in other available dictionaries. The ideal operation should be for the Viewer to underline the dictionaries that contain such a word the same way as it does when clicking on a term on the Bible view.

3. Currently, clicking on a word on a Bible list is not accounted for such a word to be searched on the dictionaries. It works in Bible view but not in the Bible lists. It would be helpful to have this feature not only work in Bible views, but also in Bible lists and Study views.

4. Addition of icon on the left side bar of the Bible view empowered with the ability to disable from viewing in just one step all Bible tags (chapter headings, footnotes, cross references, Strong's numbers, morphological codes, headers and footers, commentary links, inline commentaries, word definitions), all except Bible highlighting, highlight words of Jesus and paragraph mode. The advantage with this feature is that the user would have the Bible text clean in one step. Currently, it is not easy to deactivate and get all those options back.

5. Addition of one click opening of any of the viewer panes in full screen mode.

That's all for this time. I know TW3 is in beta phase and you must have excellent ideas that we, the users, might be bypassing. Anyway I hope this helps. thanks.
Leoram
csterg
Site Admin

Re: My take on wish list (part III)

Post by csterg »

Leoram wrote:Greetings bro. Costas and all beloved in Christ in this forum.

I hope you've spent a marvelous time in a marvelous season. This is a good occasion to come back after some time of little inactivity in the forum :).
Hello Leoram,
it has been an interesting time for me, many things to do really :)
Here are some humble ideas I hope to be included in the next release if granted.
see comments below.
1. Change the zoom step % of font size in the Bible and Study viewers to allow a larger text size increase-decrease (could be option-defined).
Will do: you will be able to right-click on the zoom in/out buttons and define the step. Remember you can do the same with CTRL+Mouse wheel which is a faster alternative
2. When the user types in a word in the Study view drop down box to look for its definition in a dictionary, if that word does not exist in that particular dictionary, TW3 fails to detect the said word in other available dictionaries. The ideal operation should be for the Viewer to underline the dictionaries that contain such a word the same way as it does when clicking on a term on the Bible view.
Will certainly do: i could say it is a bug that it is not done at this moment (although i have failed to think about it)
3. Currently, clicking on a word on a Bible list is not accounted for such a word to be searched on the dictionaries. It works in Bible view but not in the Bible lists. It would be helpful to have this feature not only work in Bible views, but also in Bible lists and Study views.
Will certainly do! Thanks.
4. Addition of icon on the left side bar of the Bible view empowered with the ability to disable from viewing in just one step all Bible tags (chapter headings, footnotes, cross references, Strong's numbers, morphological codes, headers and footers, commentary links, inline commentaries, word definitions), all except Bible highlighting, highlight words of Jesus and paragraph mode. The advantage with this feature is that the user would have the Bible text clean in one step. Currently, it is not easy to deactivate and get all those options back.
Hmm, this is an interesting idea but i can see some problems: what about if another user wants another set of options being toggled by this button?
I can think of 2 solution:
1. Being able to define which 'options' are being toggled with this button
2. Use the 'layout/template' system that will be present in the new version. (cannot say many details, but you will be able to have saved 'views' as templates and either recreate them with a single click, or apply their options on an existing view).
5. Addition of one click opening of any of the viewer panes in full screen mode.
This will also do: do you mean really full screen (e.g. the windows taskbar also) or just being maximized within the TW's window?
That's all for this time. I know TW3 is in beta phase and you must have excellent ideas that we, the users, might be bypassing. Anyway I hope this helps. thanks.
It certainly does!

Thanks brother,
Costas
Leoram

Re: My take on wish list (part III)

Post by Leoram »

Thanks for your responsiveness!
csterg wrote: Will do: you will be able to right-click on the zoom in/out buttons and define the step.
Excellent!
Remember you can do the same with CTRL+Mouse wheel which is a faster alternative
Oh, thanks. I knew that, but sometimes under some particular circumstances it happens to the user that s/he feels more confortable using a mouse-only approach.
Hmm, this is an interesting idea but i can see some problems: what about if another user wants another set of options being toggled by this button?
Thought about that also but I'm starting to get habituated to the great flexibility of TW and was sure a solution would be at hand ;).
I can think of 2 solution:
1. Being able to define which 'options' are being toggled with this button
2. Use the 'layout/template' system that will be present in the new version. (cannot say many details, but you will be able to have saved 'views' as templates and either recreate them with a single click, or apply their options on an existing view).
Brilliant! Both are fantastic. Hope those two will be implemented.
This will also do: do you mean really full screen (e.g. the windows taskbar also) or just being maximized within the TW's window?
The latter one would be fine. Thanks. Please keep on doing your excellent job.

In Christ...
Leoram