a large number of modules in the program does not run the pr

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
nikolay_l

a large number of modules in the program does not run the pr

Post by nikolay_l »

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZgJ3NIJmY

большое количество модулей в программе не дает запускать программу.
TheWord как оказалось надо периодически перепроверять кэш суммы модулей для запуска. Когда модулей много забивается до предела вся оперативная память и вылетает ошибка (не хватает и 2-х гигабайт RAM) - а выше мой компьютер не поддерживает). Это случается каждый раз если программой не пользоваться некоторое время.

Google translator
a large number of modules in the program does not run the program.
TheWord as was necessary to periodically re-examine the amount of cache modules to run. When the modules are many hammered to the limit all the memory and crash bug (not enough and 2 gigabytes of RAM) - and above my computer does not support it). This happens every time when the program is not in use for a while.

PROMT translator
a large number of modules in the program doesn't allow to start the program.
TheWord as appeared it is necessary to recheck periodically a cache of the sum of modules for start. When modules all random access memory is much hammered to a limit and the mistake (there are no 2 gigabytes of RAM also) takes off - and my computer is higher doesn't support). It happens each time if by the program not to use some time.
nikolay_l

Re: a large number of modules in the program does not run th

Post by nikolay_l »

this is a full video of loading the word in the RAM (7 minutes)
http://youtu.be/NI3o2Cy71jE
When the 2 gigabyte RAM exhausted error occurs.
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

my book library:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cdFzl_wds
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello nikolay,
theWord is a 32bit program and it cannot use more than 2GB or RAM. Unfortunately, when it loads, it does open all sqlite databases (which is NOT a good thing to do, I agree with you). This is why it takes a lot of time to load if you have a lot of modules. It needs some good reworking to change that. I am afraid it is not very easy. Until then there is not much i can do other than say 'its a bug' (or a non-optimal design, if you will)
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Luigi wrote: from memory, at the moment TW doesn't have an index that includes all books, so it wouldn't be any different in that sense.

the only downfall would be loading each book per it becomming active. (or the last 5 books for example)

doesn't seem all that hard in that sense.

respectfully -L
How about book view? How about the fact that you can hover your mouse over tabs of book view and get information that exist in the sqlite files? How about commentary links? How about right-clicking in the Book view and 'Lookup text in ...'?
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

no problem... unfortunately tw is more complex that you can see with a first glance
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

Costas
for work with my library need ~550Mb RAM
Error (Out of memory) causes periodically update of "module.cache.dat" file
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

there is no way to solve this problem?
is it possible to reduce the testing modules results?
or use ~temp file?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I said above that this is not a problem 'per se': it is just a design approach of theWord. It has not been designed to handle thousands of modules. 'Fixing' that would required a lot of work; i am not saying i will not look into that, but not now,
Costas
petrosd

Post by petrosd »

A practical (for me) question: What practical need is there for hundreds of modules to be loaded at the same time? How many bibles, books, etc. are needed? How many can comfortably fit and be useful and accessible on the largest conceivable screen? And even if hundred could be viewed, doesn't "information overload' kick in at some point?
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

using 4 Gb patch © 2007 by Daniel Pistelli theWord ran on Windows 7 x64. In portable assembly was more than 2400 modules. When you launch a hash check modules, the process took about theWord 1Gb RAM and 4Gb on HDD (in the swap file Windows).
Once it managed to do well. Now the process is not reproducible. Unable to exit the program (Need to kill the process). And this problem does not allow the program to save its settings in the configuration files.
---------------------
Costas disable please check the hash, or make it optional. Or make a separate application for check modules and save options in TW config files.

используя 4 Gb patch © 2007 от Daniel Pistelli запускал theWord на Windows 7 x64. В портативной сборке было более 2400 модулей. Когда запускалось долбанная проверка хэша модулей, то процесс theWord занимал около 1Gb RAM и 4Gb на HDD (в файле подкачки Windows).
Один раз это удалось сделать. Теперь процесс не воспроизводиться. Не удается выйти из программы до конца. Приходится убивать процесс. И эта проблема не дает возможности программе сохранить ее настройки в конфигурацию в файлы.
---------------------
Костас отключите пожалуйста проверку хеша или сделайте ее опциональной. Или сделайте отдельное x64 приложение для проверки хэша модулей.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello nikolay,
i am afraid i don't understand what you are asking (are you using google translate?)
Costas
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

yes it`s google translator :(
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

maybe better translate:
I used "4 Gb patch © 2007 by Daniel Pistelli" for theWord launch on Windows 7( x64). In portable library was more than 2400 modules. When theWord launch a check of modules, the process theWord took about 1Gb RAM and 4Gb memory on HDD (in the swap file Windows).
Once every operation of checking has succeeded. But after some time analogic process of check can not reproduce. TheWord unable to exit (and i need to kill the process in the task manager). And this problem does not allow the program to save its settings in the configuration files.
As in the normal closing.

wait for video
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

I bypassed a problem for a while.
In another time I will write down video. When it again will arise.