Premium Pack install to new location unlock problem

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
bond007

Premium Pack install to new location unlock problem

Post by bond007 »

*** Posted to wrong forum - reposting here.

Hi. I am trying to install the Word to Go Premium Pack to the LOCATION (rather than a local drive) I currently do all my work in. I do not use the USB stick for this, but prefer to leave it in it's original state for now. I have theWord installed to my Dropbox drive so I can use it from any computer, with the result being that all my notes and personal data are always "in sync". This works perfectly fine, although I have seen some instances where currently input notes are gone when I try to find them later, but I think that may be related to Dropbox not syncing properly - like if I was off-line, or my computer shutdown due to low battery or something like that - before the files were synced. Since I have realized this, I now try to make sure to exit the program after every session, as I surmise, but could be wrong, that theWord writes certain files upon exiting the program?

Anyway, I tried to install the premium pack module to the the Dropbox folder, as instructed in the PDF in the section, 'Re-installing the Premium Pack modules to another PC', but am not having any luck with it working when I try to unlock. I see the INDIVIDUAL modules show up in the unlock section, but when I try to unlock them with the same unlock info provided for the pack, I am denied with an 'invalid registration data' message. I remember when I set it up on the stick, the unlock section only contained an option for the Premium Pack and not the individual files, and that worked fine on the stick. What am I doing wrong, and how can I get this to work properly?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Premium Pack install to new location unlock problem

Post by csterg »

The trick is in a file called togo.nfp in the -PremiumModulesSetup folder. Copy this file over in your theWord installation (anywhere) and the proper 'pack' will appear in the unlock modules screen.
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Premium Pack install to new location unlock problem

Post by csterg »

The trick is in a file called togo.nfp in the -PremiumModulesSetup folder. Copy this file over in your theWord installation (anywhere) and the proper 'pack' will appear in the unlock modules screen.
Costas