Virus Detected in the Portuguese Bible download (VPVNT)

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
jkokenzie777

Virus Detected in the Portuguese Bible download (VPVNT)

Post by jkokenzie777 »

After downloading today the VPVNT Portuguese translation from the theWord site today, my antivirus software quarantined it as having a virus. I am using Panda Free Antivirus. The virus is called: W32/Exploit.gen.

Is there a copy of the file that does not present this error, or is my antivirus software incorrect?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Virus Detected in the Portuguese Bible download (VPVNT)

Post by csterg »

This is a false alarm.
To avoid running the .exe, you can just download it and then open theWord and go to Files->Install modules and drag-n-drop the .exe file in this dialog: it will install the module without running the .exe
Costas
petrosd

Post by petrosd »

And if you don't want to do even that, you can right-click ion the file and select "unzip here" (or similar) and just unpack the file into the separate files. Look in the folders created to find the actual Bible module. I have 7Zip installed so that might be why it works for me, but I'm guessing it will work with any zip/unzip program.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

petrosd wrote:And if you don't want to do even that, you can right-click ion the file and select "unzip here" (or similar) and just unpack the file into the separate files. Look in the folders created to find the actual Bible module. I have 7Zip installed so that might be why it works for me, but I'm guessing it will work with any zip/unzip program.
it only works with 7z.
jkokenzie777

Post by jkokenzie777 »

thank you for the help. Problem resolved!