theWord
https://forum.theword.net/

KJV and RVR module errors, etc
https://forum.theword.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6555
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ErikJon [ Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  KJV and RVR module errors, etc

.
I cannot remember if the KJV module that I am using is the same one that came with TheWord, but if so, perhaps you would like to inspect Matt.12.7. There seems to be a quote of the OT in the NT here (Hos.6:6), and yet the text does not appear in bold-faced type, even with the appropriate preferences selected for the Bibleview window. I would expect the text to appear as follows:

"But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless." (Mt. 12.7)

No big deal, of course, and certainly not an "error" as such, but worth a look.

Meanwhile, speaking of Hosea, you may want to check the error at the end of Hosea 4:18. My module reads:

"Their drink is sour: they have committed whoredom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give ye. (Os. 4.18)

I don't think that the phrase "Give ye." at the end, is supposed to be there, and it does not make sense anyway.

For those who are using the Reina Valera 1960 translation in Spanish, I also noticed an error at the end of Psalm 95:11. There is a period, which is correct, but then an unnecessary comma also, beyond the period, which should be removed. It currently appears as:

Por tanto, juré en mi furor Que no entrarían en mi reposo., (Sal 95.11)

It appears that you have a section in the forum for bugs and errors, and another section for module information, but not a section for "module errors" as such--I may have overlooked one. I have posted my observations here, because I thought that they would more likely get your attention, rather than posted under "modules".

Author:  JG [ Mon May 11, 2015 11:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: KJV and RVR module errors, etc

ErikJon wrote:
.
I cannot remember if the KJV module that I am using is the same one that came with TheWord, but if so, perhaps you would like to inspect Matt.12.7. There seems to be a quote of the OT in the NT here (Hos.6:6), and yet the text does not appear in bold-faced type, even with the appropriate preferences selected for the Bibleview window. I would expect the text to appear as follows:

"But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless." (Mt. 12.7)

No big deal, of course, and certainly not an "error" as such, but worth a look.


I think we should fix this. I would need time to check through the module for other places though, so it would not be a quick fix.

ErikJon wrote:
.
Meanwhile, speaking of Hosea, you may want to check the error at the end of Hosea 4:18. My module reads:

"Their drink is sour: they have committed whoredom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give ye. (Os. 4.18)

I don't think that the phrase "Give ye." at the end, is supposed to be there, and it does not make sense anyway.

The module is correct to the KJV

ErikJon wrote:
.
For those who are using the Reina Valera 1960 translation in Spanish, I also noticed an error at the end of Psalm 95:11. There is a period, which is correct, but then an unnecessary comma also, beyond the period, which should be removed. It currently appears as:

Por tanto, juré en mi furor Que no entrarían en mi reposo., (Sal 95.11)

It appears that you have a section in the forum for bugs and errors, and another section for module information, but not a section for "module errors" as such--I may have overlooked one. I have posted my observations here, because I thought that they would more likely get your attention, rather than posted under "modules".


The module has been made correctly to the xml data, but it appears that there should be xrefs in the module. Not sure why we did not get them. Will check with Costas.
Where you see the ., it should have two sets of xrefs separated by a comma.

Other examples
(Gen 27:29) Sírvante pueblos, Y naciones se inclinen a ti; Sé señor de tus hermanos, Y se inclinen ante ti los hijos de tu madre. Malditos los que te maldijeren, Y benditos los que te bendijeren.,
(Gen 27:40) Y por tu espada vivirás, y a tu hermano servirás; Y sucederá cuando te fortalezcas, Que descargarás su yugo de tu cerviz.,
(Ps 95:11) Por tanto, juré en mi furor Que no entrarían en mi reposo.,
(Jer 31:34) Y no enseñará más ninguno a su prójimo, ni ninguno a su hermano, diciendo: Conoce a Jehová; porque todos me conocerán, desde el más pequeño de ellos hasta el más grande, dice Jehová; porque perdonaré la maldad de ellos, y no me acordaré más de su pecado.,
(Matt 14:4) porque Juan le decía: No te es lícito tenerla.,
(Matt 25:30) Y al siervo inútil echadle en las tinieblas de afuera; allí será el lloro y el crujir de dientes.,


Author:  ErikJon [ Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: KJV and RVR module errors, etc

Oops. Sorry about the "Give ye." You are right. It is in the printed text.

I had compared it to other digital texts, which did not have it, and drew a hasty conclusion. Sorry.

(However, I still have no idea how to justify it grammatically, nor do I understand what it means, which is all irrelevant, of course.)

I assume that your note on the two sets of cross-references was a programmer's note to Costas, and not to me.

Author:  JG [ Tue May 12, 2015 8:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: KJV and RVR module errors, etc

ErikJon wrote:
Oops. Sorry about the "Give ye." You are right. It is in the printed text.
I had compared it to other digital texts, which did not have it, and drew a hasty conclusion. Sorry.

No problem. There is so much information at hand to know which is the one to follow. Many of the older commentaries explain the text also which would have made complete sense to the contemporary audience.
ErikJon wrote:
I assume that your note on the two sets of cross-references was a programmer's note to Costas, and not to me.

I wanted to do both.

I looked at the old testament quotes again, and I found potentially a dozen more instances in Mat 5--13, so I think I will leave it as it is.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/