I was shown the screen for 2 minutes and I donated previousl

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
VernRuth

I was shown the screen for 2 minutes and I donated previousl

Post by VernRuth »

I downloaded some modules and was prompted to donate. I did a few years ago. Have you now put a time limit?

Also, there is an annoying bug that drives me crazy. When I go to F4 to choose a book from Titus to Revelation, the pick list comes up on the left side. When I move over to choose a chapter and verse, the choice disappears. This happens on my laptop, and two desktops.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vernon
JG

Re: I was shown the screen for 2 minutes and I donated previ

Post by JG »

I see from the changelog of the beta builds that Costas has changed the logic for the donate dialog to only appear on-demand.

The F4 menu is just an issue with how windows itself is working to show the menu item. You have a few other choices,
1) Navigate the F4 with the keyboard arrow keys.
2) Reposition the F4 Toolbar as far left as you can.

Better still would be a more touch friendly grid system I suppose, but I have no idea if this is being considered.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

JG wrote:
1) Navigate the F4 with the keyboard arrow keys.
JG: In my case, when I hit F4, none of the other navigation keys works to open the list: I have tried up, down, left right, even using Alt or Ctrl keys combination. I just don't find a way to open the list with the keyboard once I am there with F4. Only mouse clicks are recognized, which makes the combination of keyboard-mouse a not so good an approach.

This is the behavior way back many releases, and I just thought this has been a limitation of tW's UI.

I'm using tW as portable on one of my partitions on Windows 8.1 64bits, theWord beta 4.0.0.1441.
Leoram
JG

Post by JG »

I was not clear with my statement, I was just using the F4 as a reference to what was being discussed as the user clearly had the menu open already. What I was meaning was, at the point where the operating system places the lower level menus to the left, you can just use the arrow keys/enter to make the selection.
Maybe Costas could assign Shift+F4 to get that menu open for pure keyboard use.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Got it.
Leoram