Program Hangs when Dialog is Minimized

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
haegri

Program Hangs when Dialog is Minimized

Post by haegri »

I think this is probably a genuine bug.

When I minimize a dialogue - such as Global Preferences - it only occasionally appears in the bottom bar, which is I think where it is supposed to appear? Usually, it disappears altogether and the program becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. The only solution I have come up with so far is to stop the program with Windows Task Master, and re-start.

I am using compact mode. I haven't used normal mode enough to know if it happens there too.

John.
JG

Re: Program Hangs when Dialog is Minimized

Post by JG »

A modal window is a window that runs on top of an application, so that you can't do anything at all with the application until you have closed the window. So the dialog still has the 'focus' and won't give it back (that is its purpose) so you have to close it to carry on working in the program.
So don't minimize it. If you do, and you can't find it, you simply have to press and hold down the 'alt' key and tap the 'tab' key to cycle through the tasks until you find the dialog.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
haegri

Post by haegri »

Right, thanks. It's just that sometimes it appears in minimized form in the bar at the bottom of the program - where it's obvious what to do about it - and sometimes it doesn't - that's what I thought might be a bug. I'd forgotten about the alt-tab trick, I must admit!
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Maybe the minimize button should not be there at all