Bugs in the Westminster Hebrew Morphology module

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
JG

Re: Bugs in the Westminster Hebrew Morphology module

Post by JG »

your images do not appear, can you fix them
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

I have forwarded your observations to GrovesCenter.org as they are the ones that supply us the data.
We are not up to date, so this might have been fixed already or it might not be an issue.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

I got a reply on the one issue. It is a mistake we made in producing the module, for what I can see.
The reply on the Judges 17:2 was that it is 'Qal Passive'. But we had it as a small q and so just qal. The supplied data shows this ju17:2,7.1 LU75Q.A75X- LQX@vQp3ms

Waiting for a reply on the other point.

As to the update, that will be for Costas to decide how best to use the small resources we have. It was a complex job as I recall.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

The problem is not with the data as such. When theWord builds the word index it is down casing and so the capital letters are lost from the index.
Costas will need to fix theWord so that it does not do this, or make a custom index.
I will ask him to make a comment on the situation.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Costas asked me to post some explanation back.
The situation is a bit more complex. There needs to be a fix to theWord, and to the word index of the module and perhaps an additional property to indicate to theWord that no down casing should be performed for wordclick/Lookup/popup. It is a complex fix, so will take some time.
The workaround for the time being is to have the morphology codes visible to see that the popup is correct to that data. If it is not then you will have to click the morphology and look in the list for the matching code that has capital letter as you require.
I believe these are the only codes that cause an issue.
whm pairs.zip
(801 Bytes) Downloaded 386 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Just an update.
The fixes have been done. But we have to do the release of both the module and theWord.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
cornopean

Post by cornopean »

There are numerous errors in this module. It's too bad. :(
“There is a danger of being a Pharisee when thou ceasest being a Publican.” --Anthony Burgess
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Jon, Has there been the necessary updates to both WHM and TW yet? I look forward to this one!

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Darrel,
that's on me! And to be honest, I promised to work on it this weekend but I didn't :(
The changes and fixes are there, so it's only a matter of building and uploading. I will do my best to get this out asap,
Thanks
Cosas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Oh my! Does that mean no ice cream for you today? Mwaahaa! Hey I love you Costas. You do just fine, and you have your priorities in order which is awesome - God first, wife second, kids next, followed somewhere by work and ministry! :lol:

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

:)
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Iv been looking into if I should buy it... And it indeed seems very interesting. It may be a good replacement for the normal WLC.
Can you do as you do in the HiSB and close things down to just the text?

But what I still feel like I'm really missing in this program is the Aramaic Peshitta with some kind of accordance like the HiSB hebrew module and the ABP Greek. I'm mostly into study of the Biblical text.

Anyone knows about the Ge'ez Bibles? What is out there.
Kinda off topic, sorry, il stop here.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Costas,
Not sure if this has been resolved yet. Has the new version of WHM been released yet? Thanks my friend.

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

I believe it was updated. It is just that the official theWord was not released to support it. Only the appropriate beta does.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
I have beta 1491 installed and (what I think is) the latest WHM installed, and it does not appear to have the fixes. Am I missing something or have the update WHM and TW to support the changes been released yet?

Darrel