Error in Eze 21 of JPS module

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
royhieatt

Error in Eze 21 of JPS module

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon and/or Costas,

There appears to be an error in Eze 21 in the JPS module.

Verse 32 should be verse 3 and all other verses bumped down one number. Here is a copy and paste of website: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/yic ... chapter-21
21:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 21:2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel, 21:3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

21:4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:

Here is a copy and paste of TheWord:
TheWord:
Ezek 21:1-5 (JPS Tanakh-1917)
21:1 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying:
21:2 ‘Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and preach toward the sanctuaries, and prophesy against the land of Israel;
21:3 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall My sword go forth out of its sheath against all flesh from the south to the north;
21:4 and all flesh shall know that I the LORD have drawn forth My sword out of its sheath; it shall not return any more.
21:5 Sigh therefore, thou son of man; with the breaking of thy loins and with bitterness shalt thou sigh before their eyes.

Here is a copy and paste of verse 32 in TheWord: (You can see it belongs in verse 3, right?)
21:32 ?andsay to the land of Israel: Thus saith the LORD: Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth My sword out of its sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

Thanks,

Roy
JG

Re: Error in Eze 21 of JPS module

Post by JG »

Thanks Roy, I have asked Larry to do the fix.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Thanks Jon.
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

Thanks Roy. This error has been corrected and posted to Jon for an update.

ALbeSh
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks for your prompt fix. I have updated the database with v 1.4
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Great job guys!