[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The chapter heading is sometimes incorrectly placed 

Post The chapter heading is sometimes incorrectly placed
For the kjv.ont bible module, I tried to put a chapter heading "Creation of the heaven and the world" but it appears below the "1" of verse 1.

Code:
<TS>Creation of the heavan and the world<Ts>In the beginning<WH7225> God<WH430> created<WH1254><WH853> the heaven<WH8064> and<WH853> the earth<WH776>.

However when I used kjv1611.ont bible module and added the same chapter heading the heading appears above the "1" of verse 1. I realized that the Strong's numbers caused this problem in kjv.ont. Meaning if the verse has Strong's numbers in it, it will behave as the above case.

Code:
<TS>Creation of the heavan and the world<Ts>In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.

Blessings,
Tee Joo Tatt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Post Re: The chapter heading is sometimes incorrectly placed
The verse.rule at the end of the file does not account for headings in the file.

Try replacing
Code:
verse.rule="((?:^|.+?)(<W[GH]\d+>\ ?)+)" "<wt>$1"

with
Code:
verse.rule="((?:^|[^>]+?)(<W[GH][^>]+>\ ?)+)" "<wt>$1"

It would be better if you made a Bible file that you use as an overlay that can appear in all other Bibles depending on your settings.
So if you made a copy of the file and changed the filename, put ten random letters/digits for the id and changed the short.title to KJVMyHdgs (for example), any update to the KJV that we publish in the future, won't effect your headings.

Even if you go ahead with the verse.rule changes, it would be appropriate to do the other changes to id, short.title, and filename.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Post Re: The chapter heading is sometimes incorrectly placed
Thank you so very much. This is my very first time using The Word and I was just trying to see how to put the headers and footnotes for Nepali bible so I was just adding some headers and footnotes to the kjv which happens to be one of the bibles I have without encryption. I don't intend to change the kjv bible. Thank you so very much for your answer! Really appreciate it.

Blessings,
Tee Joo Tatt

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]