Possible Issue in Beza Module

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Opv

Possible Issue in Beza Module

Post by Opv »

I have configured the 1598 version of Beza's Greek New Testament, version 1.1 (Identifier: b232) and the KJV in a side-by-side comparison. I noted a possible anomaly while reading through the first chapter of the Gospel according to St. John. The two versions are consistent through verse 37. However, the Beza text appears to split verse 38 into two verses, with part of the verse shown as verse 38 and part shown as verse 39 (which does not match verse 39 in the KJV). The verses remain off throughout the remainder of the chapter, with the Beza text showing a total of 52 verses and the KJV showing a total of 51 verses.
JG

Re: Possible Issue in Beza Module

Post by JG »

The module I made it from appears to have been withdrawn due to many other errors, that have not yet been fixed. http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/5322- ... -5?hl=beza Not sure what to do with it if it has errors.
However this versification error is due to it following the way it was in the text, so it is true to how Beza did it. I suppose they wanted it true to his versification.
0001 Jon theWord_2018-09-15_190256.png
0001 Jon theWord_2018-09-15_190256.png (34.59 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Opv

Re: Possible Issue in Beza Module

Post by Opv »

Thanks. I called myself searching for issues already posted on the Beza module. Regardless, the particular issue I raised is not so big in the grander scheme of things. It was just a bit confusing trying to use the Beza/KJV as an Interlinear of sorts, as I couldn't easily keep up with which verse in one module went with the associated verse in the other module. I may try one of the other Greek modules that is closely aligned with the KJV. Thanks.