Xrefs out of order

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
rdwray

Xrefs out of order

Post by rdwray »

I have 3 Bible Views open and the first 2 have the xrefs in order, but the 3rd does not - even tried replacing the view and that did notwork.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.43 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
Jeff

Re: Xrefs out of order

Post by Jeff »

Does the 3rd Bible View have the same xref sets selected as the first two? (Under Bible View Options or Ctrl+O.)
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

No, they were not the same and when I made them the same the xref order did change. I tested the others and set them all the same, but when I select "Default Cross-references", it changes the order which leads to another question: If I deselect "Default Cross-references", am I going to get all the xrefs? For this particular, yes I do get all the xrefs.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

As you have noted, it was a setting that was causing the difference.
It must be noted that a Bible with inbuilt xrefs and the settings you have will display the inbuilt references at the end of a verse in canonical order, followed by any overlay verses that have been set, hence the out of order appearance from where the overlay verses start (could be useful to know that division).
If what you required was the xrefs from NKJV+default xrefs, then you can easily make a new overlay that merges those two sets. Then change the xref settings to "hide original xrefs". Now your new custom xref set will display as you want it.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Thanks JG, I had not noticed the issue before and I have had TW for a long time, but now I know how to handle. :D