Book Search View verse link becomes inactive

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
vervalin

Book Search View verse link becomes inactive

Post by vervalin »

Here is what I think might be a minor issue with the "Bible Search View" verse links. Here is how to replicate the problem.

1) Open a Bible Search View window
2) Search for something -- Ex: forty two months (2 resulting verses should be found Rev 11:2 and Rev 13:5)
3) Select one of the verses (this will switch the Bible View over to that verse)
4) Leave the Bible Search View results open (don't close it)
5) Now, in the Bible Verse pane, navigate away from the the selected verse by going to a previous chapter or something like that.
6) Now the verse initially selected from the Bible Search View should no longer be visible in the Bible View as you moved away from it to another area of the Bible
7) Now, in the Bible Search View, try to select the same verse again as though you are trying to navigate back to it quickly by clicking the link again
8) The link is "dead" -- it fails to take you back to the initially selected verse -- it is completely dysfunctional.

You can select a different verse in the Bible Search View and it will work and then, for some reason, the initial verse link is active again.
Hope this is sufficient to replicate the problem. If not, reach out to me and I can try to give more details if possible....

Thanks, as always, for a great tool :-)

Paul
DarrelW

Re: Book Search View verse link becomes inactive

Post by DarrelW »

I can verify that. I have to run the search again to make the link active again.

Darrel
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

You can also right click on the link and click "View..." (at top of menu in bold) to go back to the verse.

Or click the go back button (Alt+left arrow).
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Jeff, thanks! I had forgot about that.

Darrel
vervalin

Post by vervalin »

Thanks DarrelW and Jeff!! That's a nice quick work-around for now -- appreciate the quick response and the verification :-)

Paul