IVP Bible Background Commentary NT Scripture links

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
NorrinRadd

IVP Bible Background Commentary NT Scripture links

Post by NorrinRadd »

A relatively minor thing, IMO, but I suspect not trivial to correct:

Using Jude as an example, citations of verses in books outside of Protestant canon (e.g. Esdras or 1 Enoch) give pop-up "links" within the current book. But it's very random. I'll use bold to show which numbers are actually highlighted as links.

For example, in the comment for Jude 1:6, the citations for 1 Enoch 10:11-14, 18:15-16, and 21:3-6 bring up Jude 1:11-14, 1:15-15, and 1:3-6 respectively.

The citation for 1 Enoch 10:4 brings up Jude 1:4.

1 Enoch 22:11 brings up Jude 1:22.

1 Enoch 54:6 and 84:4 are not highlighted or linked at all.

Wisdom of Solomon 17:17 is not highlighted or linked at all, but 17:2 brings up Jude 1:17.
JG

Re: IVP Bible Background Commentary NT Scripture links

Post by JG »

I did know about this issue, but it was a tradeoff, we either have implicit references detected or not. If we have them, then there is the possibility that we get false positives as it were.
I have asked the team for suggestions on how we can improve the situation.
Thanks for raising the matter.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
NorrinRadd

Re: IVP Bible Background Commentary NT Scripture links

Post by NorrinRadd »

To me, it's not an urgent matter. It would certainly be ideal if the links all worked properly, but unless someone has a brainstorm about how to implement a fix quickly and easily, it doesn't seem like a high priority.