Update: The Word 3.1.0.994-995-1003-1004

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Update: The Word 3.1.0.994-995-1003-1004

Post by csterg »

First major upgrade since 3.0!

See change log here: http://www.theword.gr/index.php?faqanswer.80
Upgrade here: http://www.theword.gr/files/setup/getmulti.php/binary

Thank you all for reporting bugs and helping with locating problems,
Costas

- build 995 fixes the issue brought up below
- build 1003 fixes the issue with incorrect image display (see change log for more issues addressed
- build 1004 addresses a rare issue in image caching
mathetes

Re: Update: The Word 3.1.0.994

Post by mathetes »

In the Bible View Options, for the new option to view the Strong's & morphology links only when cursor is over the word, it says it's only for supported modules. What must be done in the module for this option to be supported?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I plan to update all the official modules. Actually, it's just a verse.rule at the end that will allow this.
For example, for the WHNU, you can add these 2 lines:

Code: Select all

verse.rule="((^|(\ ))([αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρστυφχψως\[\]]+))" "$3<wt>$4"
verse.rule="<wt>([αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρστυφχψως\[\]]+)(.*?)(<W(G\d+)>)?(<WT([^\ >]+)( l=""(.*?)"")?(.*?)>)" "<wt><a href=_LEMMA_$8|_ORIGWORD_$1|_MORPH_$6|_STRONG_$4|_NOLINK_>$1</a>$2$3$5"
Just copy/paste,

You may also want to lower the delay to about 150ms in the new 'General options' category
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

I guess I will need to study these rules some more to figure out exactly what they're doing. I tried copying & pasting and replaced the Greek letters with the English alphabet for my module but it didn't work.
sdahlinghwa

Post by sdahlinghwa »

Hello Costas,
I installed the latest version of The WORD (3.1.0.994) - I installed just the binary program upgrade - and I noticed that now my Commentaries don't seem to be tracking with my Bible view correctly.

I have them linked to the Bible (even if inactive) but the new colored icons don't change at all when I scroll through the Bible in the Bible View.

I noticed, for example, that the Adam Clarke Commentary icon doesn't change at all when I move from a verse that it doesn't comment on (John 8:55) to the next verse which it does comment on (John 8:56).
I mean that the icon for Clarke doesn't change when scrolling back and forth on these two verses - but it should.

I suppose I also need to know what the different colors mean on the new colored icons in the Book View. So, could you please explain what the different colors mean?

I'm pretty sure it has to do with a close match and an exact match, and so on.

Just thought I'd let you know about this problem in case others are also experiencing it.

sdahlinghwa
S. Dahl
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, it is good that you have reported this issue so promptly. Things were just fine in the beta upto bld 989, then 990+ has this issue.

The idea with the icons and the optional highlight color background is as you have said. The colored circles are as the text colors. So blue circle for commentaries that have a full match, light blue circle if it is a match on a series of verses,etc. Same applies to the other types of modules so red/pink for dictionaries, green/pale green for books.

Jon
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The rule just tries to put each word between a <a href>...</a> tag like that:

Code: Select all

<a href=_LEMMA_$n|_ORIGWORD_$n|_MORPH_$n|_STRONG_$n|_NOLINK_>...</a>
where the $n is replace by the correct value for each word.
Costas
JG

Re: Update: The Word 3.1.0.994-995

Post by JG »

Hi, does the WHNU need to be converted to utf8 first?
Jon
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Update: The Word 3.1.0.994-995

Post by csterg »

Yes