Scripture Indexing tool beta available

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
DarrelW

Re: Scripture Indexing tool beta available

Post by DarrelW »

:lol: :lol: Jon, that is funny (sadly true, but still funny!)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:No movement.
Costas is still working to pay of Greece national debt €300 billion.
Exactly!
Pastor.Baldwin

Post by Pastor.Baldwin »

I haven't run the tool in many years and I doubt my current system even has a runnable copy but I still do use the results almost every day doing research and preparing lessons and sermons. I had also written an ePub importer but it needed to be expanded with every different epub I imported.
I remember looking at what it would take to contribute the code and the price of admission was to high for me as a missionary. (compiler and special libraries.) Not to mention the learning curve for the new tools and lots of time to rewrite everything. I needed to learn a new language (Khmer) and get bible , dictionaries, etc built for theword.
I had written extensive use cases, functionality proposal and design document but gave up development years back because I got married, had kids and then became ill. My illness (neurological issue) ultimately led me to be pulled back from the field this year and more or less "retired" without pay. I'm looking for work at this point and volunteering my time on some other projects. Mostly in my pre-christian field as a Computer Programmer - Systems Analyst - Project Manager as there are no openings in my denomination for 50+ Pastors.
Anyway I covet your prayers and will pray this idea be able to progress one day. I'd be happy to recreate some use-cases and design ideas for discussion purposes to help get the ball rolling again if someone wants to re-write this.

God Bless!
Your Servant in Christ
Pastor Mark Baldwin
Pastor Mark Baldwin
Missionary to Cambodia
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

This tool is really quite awesome - a lot of tedious work to prepare files, but worth it when done. I just created an index on 360 book modules and it works! Pastor Baldwin thanks! It will be awesome when we get this level of indexing in TW. 'Cause now I have to recreate the index every time I add another book. Thankfully it only took an hour to process the files (I run TW in Wine on Linux in an SSD drive!).

Darrel