Byzantine Textform NT 2005

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
mathetes

Byzantine Textform NT 2005

Post by mathetes »

Here are the modules for the 2005 revision of the Byzantine Textform (Majority text) by Robinson & Pierpont. The one file has the accented text with paragraphs. The other module has the strong's numbers, variants, and marginal notes but is not accented.
Attachments
Byzantine Textform NT 2005.nt.zip
(486.78 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Byzantine Textform NT+ 2005.nt.zip
(653.24 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Last edited by mathetes on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
mathetes

Re: Byzantine Textform NT 2005

Post by mathetes »

I uploaded an update to the Byzantine Textform 2005 which includes the accents, breathing marks, punctuation, capitalization and also the Byzantine variant readings and Nestle-Aland variants. The variants are in the footnotes with the Byzantine variants marked with a "B" and the Nestle-Aland variants marked with an "N" at the beginning of the footnotes. I actually used a different source for this module and needed to convert from ascii coded betacode format to unicode so hopefully I got everything correct. It took A LOT of searching & replacing but now the variants are included. The source can be found at the site the publisher of the text has at http://www.byztxt.com/download/BYZ05CCT.ZIP in case there are any questions. The file can be downloaded from the parent message.
rdm

Post by rdm »

Thanks a lot!

But I think you should note in the title(post's title) who are the authors of this module(in this case, Robinson & Pierpoint), becuase I've almost ignored this topic till now.

P.S.: Do you saw anywhere Hodges & Farstadt's Byzantine Text?

May God bless you!
RDM
UBC4ME

Post by UBC4ME »

Is it just me or is the font for these modules really really small? If i am not mistaken, the setting to increase the font size for a Bible module is global and affects all Bible modules?
Dave
Gods gifts comes wrapped many different ways.
JG

Post by JG »

Hi Dave,
the setting can be controlled on a module basis, and also from the module itself where the maker can specify the fonts to use if they exist on your system. In this case it has probably chosen the Gentium font which does display smaller than other fonts. So just go to the "gear icon" on the top bar of theWord, select Bible texts tab, and set the font for your module to Default, or increase the font size.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
UBC4ME

Post by UBC4ME »

JG, thanks!
Dave
Gods gifts comes wrapped many different ways.
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Farstad and Hodges' Majority Text is copyrighted. Robinson & Pierpont put theirs into the public domain. But the comment about Farstad & Hodges' Majority Text caused me to realize that the alternate readings given by Robinson in John 7:53 - 8:11 wasn't in the accented module. I believe this is the main if not the only difference in the main text between Farstad and Hodges' work and Robinson & Peirpont's work. Someone else with more knowledge about the texts can correct me if I'm wrong. Robinson & Peirpont published their work with this reading and another lengthy alternate byzantine reading found in Acts 24:6b-8a put between the main text and the NA27 apparatus. I have chosen to put those readings into these modules as switchable tags which can be turned on or off using the "g" key. I debated whether to put only the differences in as switchable text but decided to keep it the way it was originally published. You can download the update from the original message.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hey Steve,
Did you only update the Byz2005 and not Byz2005+? The + file size is the same as before. Also ( :lol: ) are you planning on putting lemma stuff in the + module?

Hey I appreciate you my friend!

Darrel
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

The unaccented text already includes the alternate readings from John 8. If you want to see the Lemma's you can go to the Bible View options and turn on the option for showing the Greek word instead of the Strong's number.

DarrelW wrote: Did you only update the Byz2005 and not Byz2005+? The + file size is the same as before. Also ( :lol: ) are you planning on putting lemma stuff in the + module?
Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Yes, that works for displaying the Greek word, but unless I am missing something it does not show the root and allow me to search by the root for all variations of that root? Keep in mind I am still very much a neophite in these things.

Darrelo
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

If you want to do a search on all the variations of a root word you can search for the strong's number. The Greek word that shows up when you turn on the option I mentioned would be the root word used to find a word in a lexicon.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

well, it is true that having the lemma is more efficient since it can be searched in combination with the morph code, also using wildchars,
Costas
rdm

Post by rdm »

So NA27 & Byz variants are included in Byzantine Textform NT+ 2005 module(wich has Strongs, etc.), because I can't find any "N" or "B" in the footnotes? Or only Byzantine Textform NT 2005 module does have them(but without the Strongs, etc.)?
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

The byz2005+ module only contains the byzantine variants in the footnotes. Robinson didn't have the NA variants in the source document.
Stiokmetri

Post by Stiokmetri »

How I can Use it in theword ?
Thanks