Rotherham Bible (EBR) corrections

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
bpenney

Rotherham Bible (EBR) corrections

Post by bpenney »

I discovered two errors in the Rotherham's Emphasized Bible module (EBR tab).

1. Job 9:8 - "fire heavens" should be "the heavens"

2. 1Thes. 3:13 - "confirms" should be "confirm"

God bless you for such an amazing program!

Brandon

edit: forgot to mention I confirmed these against a hard copy of this translation which I own.
bpenney

Re: Rotherham Bible (EBR) corrections

Post by bpenney »

I don't believe this has been corrected yet.
toconvertvid

Post by toconvertvid »

You are correct; the current version of ERB available for download on the website predates your original post.

But are you aware you can manually edit the erb.ont file, so you can at least correct it on your own computer?
JG

Post by JG »

I will fix and upload the official one.
Will post back when I have done it.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

Should be available for download. Fixed the two places you mention and some other punctuation. Added info in "About" section. Trimmed trailing whitespace. Fixed description so it will wrap rather than show in a wide tooltip.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
bpenney

Post by bpenney »

Thanks!
toconvertvid

Post by toconvertvid »

I think I found more errors in the EBR text. In Hosea 2:16 there is a period there that seems out of place (before the word Baali).
And it shall come to pass, in that day, Declareth Yahweh, that she will call me Ishi[=" My husband"], and will not call me any more,. Baali[=" Mine owner"].
In noticing this, I also noticed two things about the brackets containing explanatory words. The first is that there is no space between the word in the text and the opening bracket containing the explanatory words (for example, here in Hosea 2:16 there is no space between the word "Ishi" and the bracket, same with the word Baali); and the second thing is that the first quotation mark (i.e., the opening one) seems to be out of place. It goes equal sign, quotation mark, <space>. Shouldn't it be equal sign, <space>, then the quotation mark?

Both of these things applies to all verses (as far as I can tell) containing explanatory words within brackets, not just Hosea 2:16.
JG

Post by JG »

I agree that there are many things that could be fixed. Some of these bracketed item should surely be as footnotes... In any case the module is not the fully marked-up one like the hardcopy. It is sort of a bit lacking as is.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

I think I found more errors in the EBR text. In Hosea 2:16 there is a period there that seems out of place (before the word Baali).
2015-01-03 18 39 49.png SS from pdf file
The punctuation should be a half comma [、][\uFF64], as noted by this extract.
Punctuation.
In English works closely punctuated the familiar comma has too much to do. Hence the employment of a half comma (、) in this Bible, to set the comma free for clause division.
https://www.logos.com/product/5934/the-emphasized-bible

The module in its present state does not seem worth any more fussing over. That does not mean "I don't care", because I do.
Attachments
2015-01-03 18 39 49.png
2015-01-03 18 39 49.png (41.42 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software