Spanish verse references that TW cannot detect automatically

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

Spanish verse references that TW cannot detect automatically

Post by ErikJon »

Dear Costas,

As I continue to use TheWord (TW) in Spanish, I discover that there are still a few verse-reference formats that TW cannot yet detect automatically. Below is a list of all the examples that I have found to date.

Most of these are in standard Spanish format, but some of them are variations that I commonly encounter in my reading of Christian literature. Native speakers of Spanish with less-than-perfect grammar, often forget where to place the "accent" in their own spelling of certain words, including the books of the Bible. Consequently many semi-professional publications have them inadvertently omitted. I recommend that you include the correct form as well as the incorrect, in TW's corpus of Spanish Bible references, since we encounter both so frequently.

Below is a nearly-complete list of all possible examples that TW cannot yet detect automatically. I have put the chapter and verse after each one (1.1), just to make each one a genuine Bible reference. (I have not included examples that TW already detects well, such as "Génesis 1.1")

The first column in English is only for your reference, so that you will know which books are referred to in the columns to the right. Please note that I have tried to put tabs separating each column, so that you can easily copy and re-format the list, but I am not sure that the code supports these tabs.

Sincerely yours,

Erik Jon

Title in English Common references that TheWord cannot yet detect correctly in Spanish

Exodus Exodo 1.1 Éxodo 1.1
Leviticus Levitico 1.1 Levítico 1.1
Numbers Numeros 1.1 Números 1.1
1Kings 1 R. 1.1 1 Reyes 1.1
2Kings 2 R. 1.1 2 Reyes 1.1
1Chronicles 1 Cronicas 1.1 1 Crónicas 1.1
2Chronicles 2 Cronicas 1.1 2 Crónicas 1.1
Ezra Esd. 1.1 Esdras 1.1
Nehemiah Nehemias 1.1 Nehemías 1.1
Psalms Sal. 1.1 Salm. 1.1 Salmo. 1.1 Salmos 1.1
Proverbs Proverbios 1.1
SongofSolomon Cantar de los Cantares 1.1 Cantares 1.1
Isaiah Isaias 1.1 Isaías 1.1
Jeremiah Jeremias 1.1 Jeremías 1.1
Lamentations Lamentaciones 1.1
Ezekiel Ezeq. 1.1 Ezequiel 1.1
Hosea Os. 1.1 Oseas 1.1
Obadiah Abd. 1.1 Abdias 1.1 Abdías 1.1
Jonah Jonas 1.1 Jonás 1.1
Micah Miq. 1.1 Miqueas 1.1
Zephaniah Sofonias 1.1 Sofonías 1.1
Haggai Hageo 1.1
Zechariah Zacarias 1.1 Zacarías 1.1 Zac. 1.1
Malachi Malaq. 1.1 Malaquias 1.1 Malaquías 1.1
Acts Hech. 1.1 Hechos 1.1 Hch. 1.1
Romans Romanos 1.1
1Corinthians 1 Corintios 1.1
2Corinthians 2 Corintios 1.1
Ephesians Ef. 1.1 Efes. 1.1 Efesios 1.1
Philippians Filip. 1.1 Filipenses 1.1
Colossians Colosenses 1.1
1Thessalonians 1 Tesalonicenses 1.1
2Thessalonians 2 Tesalonicenses 1.1
1Timothy 1 Timoteo 1.1
2Timothy 2 Timoteo 1.1
Titus Tito 1.1
Philemon Fil. 1.1 Filem. 1.1 Filemon 1.1 Filemón 1.1 Flm. 1.1
Hebrews Hebreos 1.1
James Sant. 1.1 Santiago 1.1 Stg. 1.1
1Peter 1 P. 1.1 1 Ped. 1.1 1 Pedro 1.1
2Peter 2 P. 1.1 2 Ped. 1.1 2 Ped. 1.1 2 Pedro 1.1
1John 1 Juan 1.1
2John 2 Juan 1.1
Jude Judas 1
Revelation Apocalipsis 1.1
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Spanish verse references that TW cannot detect automatic

Post by JG »

You need to have one of the Spanish lang files installed and selected.

Or possibly an entry in the config.ini
http://www.theword.net/manual/working_d ... e_conf.htm

I tried your example and it worked perfectly
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

I stand corrected! Thank you very much!

I modified the config.ini file, as you suggested, by adding "vref.languages=english,spanish" to the end of the "general" section. (Although I cannot imagine that any of my other Spanish-speaking friends would have known to do that, nor how to do that)

Result? Upon restarting TW all the verses were indeed detected, for the first time ever on my computer, except "2 P. 1.1" (2 Peter 1:1). (Perhaps you would like to double-check that reference alone? It is a very standard way of abbreviating 2 Peter in Latin America, and agrees with the table of contents of Bibles printed by the American Bible Society.)

Meanwhile, I am curious to know what the "Spanish lang file" is, that you mentioned, where to get it, and why it did not install with my original download of TW.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

There is some data missing from the .lng file
you could add it yourself for now until we get it fixed and uploaded.

add this below line 3056
2P|61|1

Language files come with the main installer. Or you can get them from http://www.theword.net/index.php?downlo ... &l=english
http://www.theword.net/index.php?downloads.packages&l=english wrote:The language files come with the main installer program
Main English package (~50MB)
Start here if unsure. This is the official distribution
This package includes all available interface translations as well as the help file.

@Costas, this data needs to be added to the spanish.lng I will note in email to you.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks
JG

Post by JG »

The spanish.lng has been updated.

It can be downloaded though theWord itself under the main menu "Help" -> check for updates... language..
or directly from this page http://www.theword.net/index.php?downlo ... &l=english
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software