Francais (French translation)

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Francais (French translation)

Post by csterg »

This would be really great; there does not seem to be any progress with the French translation. Maybe we can see where it is and take it from there? It would be great!
Costas
cyberthecaire

Post by cyberthecaire »

Yes I know... I am totally new on the forum.
But let me tell you soemthing
I am studying theology at the Fribourg University (Switzerland).
It's very hard to find good bible softwares which are not expensive.
Since I have a certain experience in translation (English-French) I would be extremely pleased to contribut to the translation of The Word.
Please let me know as soon as possible how to proceed to help in the French translation of this software.
Thansk for your answer
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

cyberthecaire wrote:Yes I know... I am totally new on the forum.
But let me tell you soemthing
I am studying theology at the Fribourg University (Switzerland).
It's very hard to find good bible softwares which are not expensive.
Since I have a certain experience in translation (English-French) I would be extremely pleased to contribut to the translation of The Word.
Please let me know as soon as possible how to proceed to help in the French translation of this software.
Thansk for your answer
Thasnk you! I will first need to contact people that have done some work to see where they have gotten, and then take it from there,
Costas
vivbu

Post by vivbu »

I'm from Switzerland too ;) And very enthusiastic about this software that offers so many different translations and study features for free! Thanks so much for the work you're doing Costas!

I too would be glad to contribute to the English-French translation of the software (was amazed to see that there is a Thai translation but no French one! :wink: ). It would be great if we could share the task and join our efforts =)
I was just wondering if it's necessary to know the software very well to be able to translate it, because I'm a total beginner :? .
Let me know if you can need my help.
Thanks
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Welcome and thank you very much.
I have sent an email to the people who are doing the translation so as to include you, if possible, in the effort,
Costas
linearconcepts

Post by linearconcepts »

Any update on the French version? I do missionary work in a couple of French-speaking African countries, and this would be a great assett. Regrettably, I don't know any French myself. Also wishing there were more French books, commentaries, etc. Kinda sad to see so few in existence. Thankfully, the TSK works in any language ;)

If anyone could point me to more online resources for French work, I'd be grateful.

Costas - thanks for a brilliant program. Many of the people I work with get along nicely even with the English version!
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Please, take a look here: http://www.theword.net/index.php?downlo ... &l=english
There is a french version of the GUI!
Costas
jenden

Post by jenden »

I tried the french version in TW4 and it is not complete or need some editing.
Is there still a team working on it?
I am willing to help if needed.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

jenden wrote:I tried the french version in TW4 and it is not complete or need some editing.
Is there still a team working on it?
I am willing to help if needed.
Hello jenden,
there has been an update yes. Please mail me to root at theword dot net to combine efforts please.
Costas