1419 Downloader

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
John45

1419 Downloader

Post by John45 »

I downloaded and installed 1419. Then opened up the downloader and saw you have made a very good change to the notifications. I suggest that you include something to let the user know what the icons mean. I discovered two with arrows which I rightly guessed must mean they were an update to what I had.

I did discover four of the free modules which after downloading and installing, do not indicate they are. These are:

Jewish Publications Tanakh
Smith's translation
the two sample devotionals

Also when I look at the devotionals under Daily Readings, both of the sample devotionals both say "devotional (devotional template)" so there is no way to tell a difference.

Thanks again for all the work and improvements you do on this program.

John
John
JG

Re: 1419 Downloader

Post by JG »

John45 wrote:I downloaded and installed 1419. Then opened up the downloader and saw you have made a very good change to the notifications. I suggest that you include something to let the user know what the icons mean. I discovered two with arrows which I rightly guessed must mean they were an update to what I had.

I did discover four of the free modules which after downloading and installing, do not indicate they are. These are:

Jewish Publications Tanakh
Smith's translation
the two sample devotionals

Also when I look at the devotionals under Daily Readings, both of the sample devotionals both say "devotional (devotional template)" so there is no way to tell a difference.

Thanks again for all the work and improvements you do on this program.

John
Thank you for the feedback.
We have noted some issues.

1. the Smith's translation seems to cause a problem because of its id
2. Jewish Publications Tanakh, is missing its id, so I will add that and upload the new file (soon ish) [Seems there is more to it than doing this. The downloader still flags it as not downloaded]
3. the two sample devotionals. We need to probably add some instructions of how to add an id in the module and change the filename so that they would not be accidentally overwritten by downloading a new template file.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet