Bible Tree? issue

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
John45

Bible Tree? issue

Post by John45 »

This has to do with clicking on the drop down in the reference entry box. On my laptop, when I do this and go to a book, the chapters popup to the right of the book and when I go to a chapter, the verses popup to the right of the chapters. On my wife's laptop, they do the opposite. The problem is that when she moves the pointer across the other books to get to the chapters, they change to match the book or books she has passed over. This is quite frustrating. Her laptop, which has a 15.6" screen, is set to the default/maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 resolution. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

John
John
JG

Re: Bible Tree? issue

Post by JG »

I mentioned this once to Costas. There was not a fix for it. My suggestion is to locate the ref entry box as far to the left as possible, or use one of the other features.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks Jon, I'll give it a try.
John
John45

Post by John45 »

Tried it out, but it was no better. Here is a more complete explanation. On my computer (17.3" laptop with 1920 x 1080 resolution) the list of chapters always display to the immediate right of the book name and with the list of verses to the immediate right of that. On my wife's computer (15.6" laptop with 1366 x 768 resolution) the list of chapters always displays to the immediate left of the drop down box (not the book name) with the list of verses to the immediate left of that. So, if we try to select a book which is not in the first or left column, when we pass the pointer over one the books in the left column, the list of chapters change to match the book over which the pointer just passed. If the chapter list came up to the immediate left of the selected book, this would not be an issue, but it comes up to the left of the box. This is quite a frustration.

I completely uninstalled theWord and reinstalled it without any of my additional books or my formatting changes and it still did it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

John
John
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is a known 'issue': the reason is that the OS really decides where the menu appear... It would take a complete rewrite of the menu to fix this.
John45

Post by John45 »

Costas,

Thanks for the explanation. We'll try to remember to just type in the references.

John
John