1439 Restart bug

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
keyuhui

1439 Restart bug

Post by keyuhui »

I love this beta, and have already started using it regularly, however I have noticed a minor bug. I've attached to files to show the problem. The first shows the program with my layout just like I like it. And the layout is saved. But then when I close and restart the program, a strip of window is left unused in the middle of the screen. To fix it, I simply have to reload my saved layout, but that shouldn't be necessary, right?

Another bug cropped up when I first downloaded the newest version...as I was trying to figure out how the minimize/maximize feature work, my top window kept getting stuck ABOVE the File menu window. Not sure why that was happening, but I couldn't get my window to be in the top row with being above the File menu (which was then in the middle of the screen!).

Although it happened several times, I haven't been able to reduplicate it today...Not sure what was going on...

One more thing, are the popup hints for the two new maximize/restore buttons supposed to have the same content? They both read "Locally Maximize/Restore this view". By the way, I love the feature, but I'm still not sure exactly what the difference is between the two buttons either. Sometimes is seems like the one in the right is a maximize/restore button and the one on the left is a minimize/restore butten, but sometimes, they seem to act very similarly. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, that's just my two cents....hope it's helpful...

Keyuhui
Attachments
After restarting the program
After restarting the program
min_max2.jpg (650.36 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
Before closing the program
Before closing the program
min_max1.jpg (657.49 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
keyuhui

Re: 1439 Restart bug

Post by keyuhui »

Well, the problem with the file menu reoccured today...

It happened when I had my computer plugged into a different (slightly shorter) monitor. I opened theWord, and here's what the window looked like. Not sure what's going on though.

Keyuhui
Attachments
layout problem.jpg
layout problem.jpg (284.43 KiB) Viewed 3897 times
JG

Post by JG »

Maybe it is linked to running the beta and then the release version, where the layout is saved in one version and then restored in the other. Just a thought.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

Could be...but once again, I can't get it to happen again... :cry:

sort of like a strange noise under the hood....it always goes away when you take it to the mechanic..
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The issue with the menu appearing below the Bible view is not new and it is indeed very rare. It happens in extreme cases that i cannot really fix. In theWord there is special code to avoid such a situation, yet it seems that in some special cases it fails. The problem is that such a corner case is very difficult to reproduce and fix.

Concerning the min/max buttons behavior: yes, i know their behavior is not perfect (this is why i had reservations and this is why they are disabled by default). I will not be fixing these minimal issues.

Concerning the tooltips: correct, i suppose that either a different message is needed or different tips.
Costas