Lookup "word" in >

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
jonathangkoehn

Lookup "word" in >

Post by jonathangkoehn »

The function (Lookup "word" in >) when I right click a word in a dictionary and select this function it appears to be doing something for a second then the pop-up menu closes.
I'm using version 4.0.0.1449
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
RubioTerra

Re: Lookup "word" in >

Post by RubioTerra »

theWord must be searching installed dictionaries to list only the ones that have a match for the selected word.
Last edited by RubioTerra on Sat May 09, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
JG

Post by JG »

jonathangkoehn wrote:The function (Lookup "word" in >) when I right click a word in a dictionary and select this function it appears to be doing something for a second then the pop-up menu closes.
I'm using version 4.0.0.1449
Maybe there is something wrong with one of your dictionaries.
Do you have error reporting turned on in theWord prefs. If not you might be getting a silent "crash".
1449 is working ok for me, from the Bible view on any Bible with Strong's, Morphology, and lemma.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I have quite a few dictionaries under theWORD directory in a folder called dictionaries.

I turned on theWORD error catching in preferences. Apparently I was having a silent crash.

Without going through and removing all books is there another way to find out what dictionary might be causing this?

The silent crash is happening from the Bible or dictionary window.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
JG

Post by JG »

Good that you were getting a crash, because you can simply follow the instructions to allow the crash reporter to send the needed log file (add your email in that preferences page to get a direct reply). When the crash report appears you will then be able to send the needed file automatically. There is also a space for you to add a description of what was happening, where you should put a link to this topic, so Costas can follow through.

You could take a look at the errors.log file in the cache folder for any clues
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Do you have a module called CGE ? This seems to be causing an error (seems corrupted)
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I'll check
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

That was it - thank you so much.
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Costas:

I also have CGE and do a Lookup "word" in >, however, in my case I don't get the lag jonathan is getting and the list of dictionaries where the term is available comes up fast including the CGE. Does this mean that the dictionary in question might be corrupted for some particular users and not for others?
Leoram
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

It looks like it was just that particular download of CGE. It is fine after a new download of CGE.