theWord 5 is released!

Υποστήριξη και συζήτηση στα Ελληνικά.
JG

theWord 5 is released!

Post by JG »

theWord 5 is released!

At the moment you would need to go to the download page and get the upgrade package http://www.theword.net/files/setup/getmulti.php/binary

The Help has not been updated yet.

Some feature additions are shown as follows:-

1346 - [new]: commentary links: support for hybrid modules
1350 - [new]: Integrated module installer installs font files (.ttf, .ttc, .fon). To avoid admin privileges, it copies font files in Cache folder.
1362 - [new]: upgraded viewer/editor to newer version (RichView version 14). Several changes/updates due to the new renderer as well as things that need to be tested:
- better handling of word wrapping
- better handling of selection for some languages (e.g. khmer)
- support for unicode-only languages for some dialogs (hindi localization)
- several improvements in selection
- [new]: added support for directly pasting html content to editor

1384 - [new]: table edit support in Book view (context menu). One can now add/edit tables directly from within theWord editor.
1390 - [new]: added dialog in Book view to set the page/reader's margins (from the Options menu). Page margins are not stored in the document but are viewer specific.
1394 - [new]: new option for verse reference popups to display the verse in more than one translation. Bible translations can be selected from File->Preferences->Advanced Tab. Option applies globally for all popups. Translations and order can be selected.
1396 - [new]: multiple translations in verse popups: option to display only when SHIFT is pressed
1406 - [new]: Added 'Format Painter' action in Book view formatting toolbar
1426 - [new]: download manager: "Add Titles" on main menu.
1435 - [new]: added menu option in tray icon to parse-on-demand the content of the clipboard
1436 - [new]: added new optional global hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+P to parse the clipboard contents on demand. By default the hotkey is not registered. It can be overriden by using the [clipview] -> hotkey.parse property (integer: virtual key code)

For a full list of fixes and enhancements see the changelog.txt http://www.theword.net/index.php?faqans ... &l=english
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Re: theWord 5 is released!

Post by Leoram »

Thanks Costas. No doubt a monumental work! :) :) :)
Thanks JG for your valuable, high quality contribution and for helping Costas provide for us a great and normally fast user's support.
Thanks to all the brothers here who have also contributed in some way or another.
Leoram
spaintrek

Post by spaintrek »

:D Thanks a bunch for your hard work. Sounds so simplistic to say just that, but I would like you know that your work is truly appreciated. Logos and E-Sword have long been accumulating electronic dust in my computer!

Looking forward to discovering all the goodies in version 5.0!
Kevin
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I'm enjoying version 5 plus past betas. Thank you for all the hard work. theWORD is a work horse/racing machine that I use in the study regularly for sermons english & spanish as well in seminary studies.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

So far so good.
I have been using it with the aim of discovering any issues but everything I have tested is working good and looks pretty stable. Again, thank you so much.
Leoram
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Have downloaded & installed upgrade package for version 5, but after install, I still have version 4. Any help appreciated. Thanks. :(
JG

Post by JG »

Is this on a Mac? If so I think Costas will need to help
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you all for your kind comments.
In time i will upgrade the MAC version to 5 and also update the web site,
Costas
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Thank you, Costas and JG, for all your hard work and for the great improvements.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hi Costas, hi JG and all helpers
Thank you for all the hard work.
Thank you for TheWord 5

Phil
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

Excellent!
  • You might want to make this announcement "sticky" and remove the "stickiness" from the ver 4 announcement.
  • I did a brief install of TW 5.0x with Windows 10 Preview Build 10130, and it seemed to work fine.
  • On my Win-7 partition, I've still got ver 4 installed. When I did a check for update, it reported I still had the latest version. As expected?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Lynn,
I have not yet updated the 'check' to let users upgrade from 4 to 5. Just wanted to wait to be sure that there are no major issues
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

I moved the remainder of this topic to the appropriate forum, as this post was just for a quick announcement.
viewtopic.php?p=34467#p34467
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
zhage

Post by zhage »

To Costas/Jon,

Great job in making 5! Any idea when the Manual/Help will be updated?
Excited about the new version, but hoping we can work on translating the new Help files. We have barely finished the localization for TheWORD 4 in Chinese :cry:

Blessings to you all!
ἐκεῖνον δεῖ αὐξάνειν, ἐμὲ δὲ ἐλαττοῦσθαι.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Not yet, sorry