Clipboard Monitor in W10 Preview

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Eric

Clipboard Monitor in W10 Preview

Post by Eric »

This is my first post here. I use the Word a lot and find it to be very good (way better than Quick Verse and the others paid for or free).

However, I just tried version 5.0.0.1450 and I have a problem. The clipboard monitoring does not work. So I installed an older version 4.0.0.1342 and it works perfect.

I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview so I don't know if it works on Windows 7 or 8.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: theWord 5 is released!

Post by csterg »

Hello Eric and welcome.
This is really strange, not sure how to handle this. I don't think there has been any significant change there.

Others with similar problem?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Eric wrote:This is my first post here. I use the Word a lot and find it to be very good (way better than Quick Verse and the others paid for or free).

However, I just tried version 5.0.0.1450 and I have a problem. The clipboard monitoring does not work. So I installed an older version 4.0.0.1342 and it works perfect.

I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview so I don't know if it works on Windows 7 or 8.

The Clipboard Monitor works for me in a Virtual Machine. I have not used it in a full installation. Does it work ok for a verse reference that is in Wordpad, or something else outside theWord. If so then it is just a setting in the CM preferences "Disable temporarily clipboard monitoring for content copied from within theWord (revert behavior with SHIFT)"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Eric

Post by Eric »

I use Word 2013, but I also tried Notepad. The clipboard monitoring does not work in either program. When I go back to 4.0.0.1342, the clipboard monitoring works in both programs.
JG

Post by JG »

What other programs have you installed to Windows 10 preview?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Eric

Post by Eric »

There are a lot of programs. About 35 or so. Most of them are for internet, backup, defrag, etc.
JG

Post by JG »

So, the only way forward would be for you to install and test the beta builds until you find the one that fails.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Eric

Post by Eric »

JG,

I tried a bunch of the betas. Everyone had the same problem, the clipboard monitoring does not work on my machine. I even tried theword-4.0.0.1342.exe beta which is the same as theword-setup-binary-4.0.0.1342.exe (or is it?). The only one that works for me is theword-setup-binary-4.0.0.1342.exe which I downloaded 12/19/2012. No other beta or stable release works with clipboard monitoring on external programs for me.
JG

Post by JG »

The only sense I can make of this is that you have got separate compact installations?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Eric

Post by Eric »

The only sense I can make of this is that you have got separate compact installations?
What does separate compact installations mean?
JG

Post by JG »

Did you put the beta ...exe file in the same location as the release theword.exe
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Eric

Post by Eric »

The betas ran by themselves in a different location. They did not go thru the install procedure at all. When I double clicked on the file, theWord just ran.
JG

Post by JG »

Please try this. Install this minimal setup and choose the option of Compact/USB

So, make a folder on your desktop called, test

Run the installer from the link below.
Choose the option of Compact/USB.
When asked for a location, navigate to the, test folder on the desktop.
Install the program. When it has reached the final page of the setup, uncheck "Run theWord", and Finish.
Open the test folder and navigate down to theword.exe and double click that to run it. Look in preference to see if the Clipboard Monitor is set correctly and adjust if not.
Test to see if the CMonitor is working.

http://www.theword.net/files/setup/getm ... p/en-small
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Eric

Post by Eric »

I did as you said. I ran the test version and clipboard monitoring still does not work.

I then closed this test version, opened theword-setup-binary-4.0.0.1342.exe that is installed on my computer and clipboard monitoring works.

Any other ideas?
JG

Post by JG »

What language are you detecting/using in theWord interface?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software