Windowshade settings are lost at restart

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

Windowshade settings are lost at restart

Post by ErikJon »

The new version of TW looks great, and is working well.

I love the new "windowshade" feature. It is saving me time in my Bible studies.

I did notice today that the windowshade settings had a tiny bug, however, in that the settings were lost every time I restarted the program.

In other words, while you have cleverly designed the windowshade in such a way that the user can establish his own "before" and "after" window positions (so that, after clicking the windowshade icon, the windows will return to the user's own previously-defined positions) I have noticed that these settings are lost whenever the program is re-started, or else possibly that they revert to some other standard.

I have tried to save my layout as "user layout 1" before closing the program, but this still does not help.

I know it is a small issue, but I hope that you can fix it without much trouble, or else tell me whether I am doing something wrong.

Thanks!
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Windowshade settings are lost at restart

Post by JG »

I don't have time to look for the post, but Costas indicated that the feature comes with some issues that won't be fixed. The feature was enabled because a few advanced users liked it so much and were willing to tolerate the bugs to get the feature included in V5

[Edit] found it.

viewtopic.php?p=33541#p33541

[/edit]
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

O.K. I just hope that he makes a note of this one observation, even if he does not fix it for a while.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I will not be fixing this, sorry
Rich

Post by Rich »

I use this feature on almost every layout it is a real "space saver". It seems to work very well on my machine. I am running Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. (That's just my two cents)