An easy way to remove embedded links?

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

An easy way to remove embedded links?

Post by ErikJon »

Sometimes I copy text from a source on the Internet, and paste the text into a new module. I have found that this is oftentimes a very useful way to save the text, as it may contain many embedded links that the module user may wish to have for quick reference to those online sources. (See screenshot)

Nevertheless, sometimes there is text with embedded links, that I do not wish to link externally, nor even internally. I would like to retain the paragraph of text, but eliminate the links behind them.

My suggestion is this: Allow the user to select any text with embedded links, select an option from the context menu that would automatically remove any embedded links in the selected text without removing the text itself or its formatting.
Attachments
TW2.png
TW2.png (47.19 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: An easy way to remove embedded links?

Post by JG »

Block select the text of hyperlinks, right click -> Hyperlinks -> Delete Hyperlink
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Thanks! Simple enough.

Incidentally, I have just now discovered that the "Delete hyperlink" button is always grayed out when I select more than one link at a time, if the text is bulleted or outlined. I must first remove the bullets or outline, then de-link the text as you described, and then re-bullet the list. Maybe worth mentioning to you, but not yet a problem.

Thanks again, Jon.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

Ok, that is one for Costas to think about.

Just a note about the blanket removal of links. If you have any coloured text it will be lost unless you do them individually.

Sometimes it is better to go through MS Word where you can remove links from all selected text with Ctrl+Shift+F9 and it will not destroy the colours.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Oh, cool. I did not know that. Thanks.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

MS Word, or other more capable editing app, is the preferred way to go in more complex cases.