Verse Reference as Title in verse notes/comments

Ideas and suggestions about new features
JEM

Verse Reference as Title in verse notes/comments

Post by JEM »

Hello,

I am not much sure about whether this feature is already there in TW. Here is my request if not.

When I export / print my personal verse notes or comments, there is no verse reference information about that particular verse inside the comments. Entering manually every time for every verse notes is not effective and tedious. It would be so helpful that adding the Verse Reference as TITLE automatically for every verse notes when click the hyperlink to add verse notes (Click here to add comments now on [John 3:16]).

@Costas: Is anything like this / work around / options tweak there already as immediate fix?

Thank you and awaiting your reply.
Attachments
Verse reference as Comment title
Verse reference as Comment title
verse-notes-title.jpg (81.91 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Verse Reference as Title in verse notes/comments

Post by csterg »

I think this would make more sense if it would be possible to print a range of verses. Currently you can only print just a single subject, so i don't think it makes much sense.
I assume it could be possible to add the Subject/verse reference as a symbol to use in the page header/footer in the Page setup dialog -> Header and Footer tab: would that help?

Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thank you Costas for your reply.

That's right. It would make sense if we are able to print range of verse comments. I have, for considerable number of verses, large notes with charts, diagram and even a paragraphs of text. It would be helpful even if i print only these large notes for my offline usage and collection.

In the headers/footers tab, there are already arguments for page numbers (%p). You may also consider adding a argument for Verse Reference in the same way will help to have a flexible comment title along with verse reference as header. After all, it is your choice to fix this, which makes more sense.

Thank you.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I was thinking a reference for 'Subject'; so, for commentaries this will be the verse reference in text form, for books it will be the subject: would that be enough?
JEM

Post by JEM »

That would be enough. Thank you.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

JEM

Post by JEM »

Hello Costas,

Is there any update on this feature, got it implemented? I now have the tW 5.0.0.1450.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

You may check the beta releases there have been quite a few:
http://www.theword.net/files/beta/?C=M;O=D
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
JEM

Post by JEM »

I tried with the latest version 5.0.0.1498, But i could not find this feature. I am not sure about that. How can i find that implemented?
In Christ with His love,

JEM