Sync two verse highlight files

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
JEM

Sync two verse highlight files

Post by JEM »

Hello,

Further to the subject, following is the scenario:

Day 1: I do highlight Gen 1:1-2 on my laptop
Day 2: I do highlight Gen 1:3-4 on my desktop pc.
Day 3: I need to have the verse highlightings of both day 1 and day 2 on both my devices

For a normal file syncing, I use a third-party freeware (freefilesync) between my installations, and on USB drives for portable purposes.

But when it comes to above verse highlighting scenario, i would like to know that how can this be done? I am ready to use any Softwares/techniques even out side theWord..i.e. like using SQLite viewer, etc. (But i have no clue about the db commands to get this done).

Could someone help on this?

Thank you.

Ps: Windows 10 pro is the OS on both devices.

@Costas: Can you help me to solve this? Because, i cannot sync both devices either everyday end / in a regular interval. I will use desktop by default and will use laptop when not able to access my desktop. As i would be highlighting a considerable number of verses on both devices before i sync, solving this would be a big help for me not to loose any of my highlighting. I now have bhls db from both my devices, having 10k and 11k rows. ( I just browsed the dbs and i know nothing more). Any help is appreciated.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Sync two verse highlight files

Post by csterg »

Yes, I can help with custom sql commands. You will need an sqlite editor. Do you have one. If yes, which one? I use sqlite3Explorer which is just an .exe (no installation needed).
I cannot promise 100% perfect results all the time, but it will usually work. Are you sure?
Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

I am having and was browsing the db using "Sqlite database browser" from sqlitebrowser dot org. But now i have sqlite3Explorer ready.

You may consider adding a feature request in your todo list for a future feature, which is a standalone tool for this sync purpose like importer. There is an another similar scenario with regard to syncing is Verse Notes/comments. So, developing such a tool will really help syncing theWord between devices/installations. Your thoughts on this are welcome.

JEM
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Sorry for the delay, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7098

Please test and report if it works, i didn't test it really
Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thanks Costas for your help. I first tried the command sequence with Sqlitebrowser (as the UI was comparatively bit easier than sqlite3explorer, for a novice like me). Till the command lines inner join and outer join, everything went on without any error. But in those lines the app says that "Syntax error: inner join" and "Syntax error: outer join". I could not proceed further.

Also, my default bible is TAMIL (India) and all these highlights are only with this bible. So my requirement is with this one single bible. This is fyi, may help you to alter the commands accordingly.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JEM,
the commands work, Jon tested them also.
It must be something with your sql editor.
Try running them one at a time.
Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thank you Costas ( and Jon for testing). The complete set of commands works perfectly with sqlite3Explorer with the very first attempt. There was no error at all. The file (my.bhls.twm) currently i use with theWord is having the highlights of both my desktop and my laptop. It really has helped me a lot and from now on I can sync the dbs of my desktop and laptop in a regular interval and share it between my Pcs. It is really a big help for me.

Just to understand, I hope the new updated my.bhls.twm will not have any duplicate entries...because desktop tW is my base and I had copied the Compact Installation to my laptop to start with.

Thank you once again Costas.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

JEM

Post by JEM »

Could you please help me to sync my verse notes/commentaries too? The same scenario & requirement. Yes, all my verse notes are only on Tamil Bible.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You can drag-n-drop from within theWord to do that. There is not trivial way to do it with SQL commands
JEM

Post by JEM »

Costas, can you explain that drag n drop? I am not getting it clearly...drag and drop from within theWord..how?
In Christ with His love,

JEM

csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JEM

Post by JEM »

Got it. Thank you costas.
In Christ with His love,

JEM