request: Modern Literal Version (MLV)

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
cvmocanu

request: Modern Literal Version (MLV)

Post by cvmocanu »

Hello,

Would it be possible to talk to the translators of Modern Literal Version and make it into an official Bible module?
They offer it for free in e-Sword format, but I couldn't find a way to convert the .bblx file to theWord format.

There is a 2011 version, but this Bible is updated continuously (several times per year), in an attempt to make it the most accurate English translation.

Thanks,
Cristian
csterg
Site Admin

Re: request: Modern Literal Version (MLV)

Post by csterg »

We tried in the past to get permission but we couldn't. We could retry
Costas
Josh Bond

Post by Josh Bond »

Is this it? http://www.wordmodules.com/the-word-mod ... n-nt-2011/
cvmocanu wrote:Hello,

Would it be possible to talk to the translators of Modern Literal Version and make it into an official Bible module?
They offer it for free in e-Sword format, but I couldn't find a way to convert the .bblx file to theWord format.

There is a 2011 version, but this Bible is updated continuously (several times per year), in an attempt to make it the most accurate English translation.

Thanks,
Cristian
WordModules.com
Large, reference modules for Evangelical Christians. 100% Free. No strings attached.
cvmocanu

Post by cvmocanu »

Yes.

The problem is that MLV is a "living translation", being released at least once every year. The plan is to make it the most accurate English translation, so they continuously tweak it.
2011 is at least 5 versions old.

Also the e-sword version comes with 2 more nice modules: a concordance and a dictionary.

It really surprises me that they refused Costas. They plainly said they have it under copyright just to prevent others from copyrighting it and charge people money for it.

God bless you,
Cristian
Arnie51

Post by Arnie51 »

I've been in touch with the MLV people - [email protected] - and they are very happy for TheWord to produce a module of their latest Bible version. It's a great translation, so that's good news for all of us!
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is already available for theWord through the WordModules.com repository
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Unless I am mistaken, the version on WordModule.com is the 2011 edition, while BibleStudy.com (e-Sword) has the 2017 version.

Darrel
cvmocanu

Post by cvmocanu »

Hi Costas,

It would be great if MLV would be in the list of modules on the main website. There are few translations based on the Majority Text, and not that many translations that try to be as literal as possible, and I think we would all benefit if MLV got increased visibility.
In addition, the e-Sword MLV modules also include a nice dictionary, and this cannot be found for TheWord.

I've contacted the team behind MLV and they would be glad for MLV to have a TheWord module, as long as it's free (which is no problem for TheWord).

I am an experienced programmer and I could help MLV automate the creation of the TheWord module.

What is needed:
- a GO from you
- a process for updating. Since MLV is updated maybe 2 times a year, we need a process whereby I can give you the latest version, for publishing on the website.

Thanks for the great work you did with TheWord. Even though I own Logos, TheWord is still my main Bible software program.

May the Lord continue to bless you and your work!
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you could please email jgk at thewordbooks.com then we can discuss this better. We have a team that works with modules. It would be nice to possibly have you work on the MLV but first we need some more info.
Thanks for your interest in theWord.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
cvmocanu

Post by cvmocanu »

Hi Jonathan,

I'm in contact with the people from MLV to create an MLV module.
Where can I request an official ID?