BIG THANKS to Costas!

Ideas and suggestions about new features
LeeJames

BIG THANKS to Costas!

Post by LeeJames »

Dear Costas, I've never said this before but I really want to thank you (publicly) for making this excellent software! :)

I haven't been a regular visitor to these forums, and never really introduced myself, but I've been using TheWord for the past 6 years now and it has become an important part of my daily life. As a Bible teacher, translator, and theologian, your software has helped me immensely to study the truth of God's wonderful Scriptures!

Many years ago, I reached a point in my life where I was calling myself a Christian, but really going astray. Not only did the Lord discipline me and get me back on track, He commanded me to start studying the Bible. I obeyed, and it was the best thing I have ever done! I have now devoted my life to studying the Bible, and your software is crucial to me.

I had previously used the eSword program, but after trying TheWord, there really was no comparison: TheWord is now the only Bible software I would choose! I also take a very dim view of most of the so-called Christian organizations that are around today, including commercial software such as Logos. I really would not want to support organizations like that. (I have a big problem with most "churches" because they disregard what the Bible says.)

But TheWord is really special to me, and you seem like a special man, and a genuine believer from what I can tell. I particularly love the name you chose for the software: "theWord". What an excellent name!

Over the years, I've actually made a huge list of suggestions for possible improvements to the software, so at some point I will perhaps post my list here on this forum, in case it's any help?

Well Costas, one more thing I want to mention is that the Lord has given me certain callings in life - wonderful things to do for Him. And for some time now, I've known that the main ministry I'm working on may one day involve you. So that is why I wanted to introduce myself a little, because we may end up collaborating on something - it's something very exciting that the Lord has given to me, which I would not offer to any other programmer. (But for now, it must remain top secret!)

Oh, lastly, I was wondering if it's possible to change my username? I think I would like to use my full name here.

All my brotherly love,
Lee
csterg
Site Admin

Re: BIG THANKS to Costas!

Post by csterg »

Thanks Lee for the encouraging post :)
cw3theophilus

Post by cw3theophilus »

I also just want to say thank you Costas for your software and for making it freely available to the public. You are impacting many lives with the Word of God and helping us study the Word of God more effectively. Thank you for making these tools freely available to us. The only other software I use that comes close is MySword on my Android phone, none of the other PC tools available really compares or allows me to study the Bible so in-depth or is so user-friendly while still remaining so powerful and customizable.

BTW, are you still actively developing the software?
I am just wondering since I haven't seen an update in a couple of years. If you are, great stuff, hopefully we will see The Word becoming even better in the future. If not, you should consider making your software open source under a GNU or similar license and posting it to software repository like GitHub so others can build on your legacy and people can freely help improve the software, especially if you don't have the time to do it anymore, then you can just approve or reject the changes and incorporate it into your software.
jwols

Post by jwols »

I fully agree with theophilus. Use theWord almost daily and suggested several enhancements a time ago.
theWord is already a very good application, but could become beter.
Open source could be a great solution if (time)sources are limited.
Please consider this option!
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Have you folks looked to the latest beta editions? They are very solid and contain a lot of enhancements.

Darrel
cornopean

Post by cornopean »

DarrelW wrote:Have you folks looked to the latest beta editions? They are very solid and contain a lot of enhancements.

Darrel
where does one find these beta editions?
“There is a danger of being a Pharisee when thou ceasest being a Publican.” --Anthony Burgess
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Oh, forgot! Scroll to bottom of list
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Agreed, most valued software on my computer - use it daily and it is portable!