Aramaic Peshitta

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
DarrelW

Aramaic Peshitta

Post by DarrelW »

Didn't know where to post this so thought I'd put it here. I was reading about differences between Peshitta and Hebrew and Greek. So I began looking at AraimacNT.com.

Tim has put out a set of Bibles, a dictionary and a notes/commentary module - they all work together and they play beautifully in TW. Tim Mitchell is the owner/developer. I have been working with him; he is extremely responsive and now has a very solid set of tools! He just release a new set of modules that are truly awesome.

His tools are not free, but they only cost $15 so very reasonable! Check him out.

Darrel
DarkiYahu

Re: Aramaic Peshitta

Post by DarkiYahu »

Actually iv just written to him - as I lost the Zip file for the Peshitta and never got around to install it on theWord.
So I'm awaiting his response so I can try it out in theWord.

I think there was something about him working on the Peshitta "old" testament. It may be the best choice to look for a complete Aramaic version with some kind of concordance.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

He's come a long ways on the OT. I am running the beta of it now. It's pretty cool!
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Looking forward to it - at least il have some kind of tool to look into the Aramaic.

You know any Latin sources with an concordance for Jerome version?
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

No.
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Maybe a direct translation would also do in regards of Jerome 405 version. Just to have one more witness to stand on :)

I talked to Tim about losing my file and I got another link for an updated version - I need to try them out and see how it all works in theWord.

Not sure what is going on, but it seems Linux now have some issues running theWord - I get multiple errors when it starts up not find a list of files. Not sure what is going on but something to look into as well.

And in regards of Price - it is indeed a lot more affordable then what you see other places compared for his version of the Aramaic NT. In any case at least we see the Aramaic information opening up to the people to research and compare. :)

here is his page for the Aramaic for anyone interested:
http://aramaicnt.com/modules.htm
Isaacs

Post by Isaacs »

bad link ....